Weap0n X's new 180G Reef Project

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James,

Keep in mind, in this hobby, the CHEAPEST item we usually get is the tank! :biggrin:

Luv your tank system. Looking great. I don't remember the last time I saw such a nice pvc glue job. You only had a couple of areas you used the ugly purple primer.

:clap:

(edited)

Awesome. What a way to start the tank off. Looking good man.

Thanks James! You ordered some as well right? How are they doing?

Luv your tank system. Looking great. I don't remember the last time I saw such a nice pvc glue job. You only had a couple of areas you used the ugly purple primer.

:clap:

Haha, Thanks! I actually used purple primer on all of the pvc pipes.

Another Update...

Bob came by today..Finally got my canopy back.... :biggrin:

Just kidding.. Thanks again though for helping me out tonight, I really appreciate it.

Heres some pictures of the reflectors mounted onto the canopy. Tomorrow I'm going to buy mozel connectors? (Sorry Bob, I already forgot the name..haha) I'll take pictures of them fired up in the evening.

DSCF1991.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

Thanks,

Mohsin

Edited by Weap0n_X

Molex connector

You can also use wire nuts or solder the wires and wrap them with electrical tape. The Molex connectors will allow you to disconnect the lights from the ballasts though when needed so you would be able to mount the ballasts to the back of the stand or to the wall.

The tank is looking great. Can't wait to see what it looks like with the lights turned on!

Guest Pumping Fe

Future TOTM in the making!

Lookin goood.

Love those orange striped cardinals

Yeah they look pretty nice. One thing I don't like about them is that they eat alot! I'm most likely going to keep only 5 or 6.

I really like the albino coraline! :biggrin:

Haha

Future TOTM in the making!

Lookin goood.

Thanks bro.

Great setup Mohsin..Looks really nice and I like your fish choices thus far..!

Thanks. I'm hoping to add more fish over my spring break.

Your new tank looks awesome. Can't wait to see some udpates.

Heres a picture showing the new reflectors..Not a good picture, need to adjust the camera.

DSCF2074.jpg

FTS

fts.jpg

Mohsin

Any agression problems between the yellow and purple tangs?

I've had the tangs for ~ 5 days now and they try to "tail whip" each other but its nothing serious. I was expecting them to do this when I bought them. Their aggression towards each other will die as time passes.

• 2 weeks later...

Your tank is looking pretty awesome!!!! I love the stand!

The LumenBrights you have are they the small? 16x16x7? Just curious they are what I'm planning on using on my 210 upgrade.

Your tank is looking pretty awesome!!!! I love the stand!

The LumenBrights you have are they the small? 16x16x7? Just curious they are what I'm planning on using on my 210 upgrade.

Thank You :) .

Correct. The reflectors are very nice, bulb and ballast combo is great. (reeflux 12, coralvue ballast).

Heres a picture showing the new reflectors..Not a good picture, need to adjust the camera.

DSCF2074.jpg

FTS

fts.jpg

Mohsin

Nice tank. Do you know how the round lumenarcs minis compare to the square one? In other words, does one have better par numbers?