Heniochus diphreutes

Guest 4Runner

Thanks, John and Johnny, for getting these!!

Can I pay for three of them now (by paypal), but have Johnny keep them in his quarantine system until the social?

Okay guys, a few dozen freshly caught Hawaiian Heniochus diphreutes are arriving today into Blue Ribbon Koi... sizes should be mixed from smalls to mediums...

Good luck!

Copps

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, John and Johnny, for getting these!!

Can I pay for three of them now (by paypal), but have Johnny keep them in his quarantine system until the social?

I have 5 Heniochus Diphreutes that will be out of quarintine Thursday, due to the high demand and short supply I can only offer them as first come first serve, I can not hold them. I do expect more to arrive in the near future, but you just never know what this business is going to bring! They are $34.95 each, 3 or more $29.95 each.

John

(edited)

So, what size tank is recommended for these guys?

Here is some info I dug up

Schooling Bannerfish

(Heniochus diphreutes)

Stats

Maximum Length: 7.1 in.

Care Level: Difficult

Family: Chaetodontidae

Reef Compatibility: Add with caution

Minimum Aquarium Size: 75 gal.

Range: Indo-Pacific

Diet: Omnivore

Water Conditions: 74-80� F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4

Notes: Provide this fish with plenty of rockwork and caves where it can take shelter. It is recommended that you add multiple specimens at the same time.

The Schooling Bannerfish should not bother sessile invertebrates or soft corals. It is generally safe with most stony corals as well, but may pick at the occasional specimen.

Feed a variety of carnivore and herbivore preparations including mysid shrimp, vitamin-enriched brine shrimp, krill, marine fish, and marine algae.

Edited by johnnybv

:bluefish:

Saw these guys at BRK Friday, GREAT SIZES!

I had my first in a 30g tank, but as active as these fish are, would probably prefer 45g+ but less would possible cramp their style! All of mine MOSTLY spent their time OUT of the LR, prefering open water area!

Thanks John. I was thinking about getting a couple for a very lightly stocked 75g tank but wonder if that tank is really large enough.

Bob

For a lightly stocked 75g, 2 would be cool!

:)

Lightly stocked is an understatement: 1 Mandarin, 1 LMB, 5 chromi and a peppermint shrimp

I've been waiting for a couple of unique and interesting fish that are somewhat reef safe to come along. These guys seem to fit the bill. Maybe I'll give it a go if they are still available.

Guest 4Runner

How many H.D do you have in stock BRK? I intend to get you your place on Thurs.

I picked up three fine looking HD from BRK this morning and they seem to be very healthy and doing well. All three are very active and eating everything I drop into the tank including mysis, pellets and flake foods. I understand he has more coming in this week for folks that missed out on this batch!

(edited)

I picked up three fine looking HD from BRK this morning and they seem to be very healthy and doing well. All three are very active and eating everything I drop into the tank including mysis, pellets and flake foods. I understand he has more coming in this week for folks that missed out on this batch!

Here they are, I have 30 of them!

First come first serve.

$34.95 each, 3 or more $29.95 ea

heniochusD.jpg

Edited by johnnybv

Hey guys, these guys came in beautiful, net collected in Hawaiian waters at the perfect size, ranging from small (but not too small) to medium... straight from the collector to BRK! If you want to see what small Heniochus diphreutes look like check 'em out! These are not an easy fish to find in Hawaii, especially at this size.

Here they are, I have 30 of them!

First come first serve.

$34.95 each, 3 or more $29.95 ea

heniochusD.jpg

Wow are all 30 out of QT and available?

Is it just me or do they look like fresh water angels in the picture? :)

Wow are all 30 out of QT and available?

Is it just me or do they look like fresh water angels in the picture? :)

All are eating and ready to go.

john

(edited)

These are beautiful and very active fish at a reasonable price. Get 'em before they are all gone!

Edited by YBeNormal

I got mine. :bb: :bb: :bb: All are acclimated and eating cyclopeeze like none other. The really don't like traveling far from each other and are staying in a very tight school right now. Hopefully they'll stay like this.

You da man Johhny. Byron's kinda cool to, I guess.

I got 3, they are looking nice already eating in my QT system.

Howard, how agressive a fish would you keep them with? How about MEAN Damsels and Maroon clowns?

Update on the 4 I got. All 4 are eating mysis and cyclopeeze, and starting to take down pellet food. Very active fish. I am very happy with them and even considering a couple more. Very cool fish.

My 3 have formed a school with my small Sailfin, I don't think any of the 4 of them know that: "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong."

• 2 weeks later...

went to Petco in Leesburg today, looking for a TO reservoir and, like an idiot, I went through the fish section.

Yep - H. diphreutes in a tank, upside down. *sigh*

Same price as BRK too.

Mine is doing awesome, has formed a bond with my copperband and eats like a pig. Sorry to hear that some of these have bitten the dust in WAMAS tank crashes.

IMGP1132.jpg

jp

• 2 weeks later...

just an FYI - this little guy likes to nip at my pallys - in fact none of them have eyelashes anymore, which is a drag. So far my zoas are safe.

jp

My 3 have formed a school with my small Sailfin, I don't think any of the 4 of them know that: "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong."

Got any pictures?