Tank Tours

Guest reeffoto

Can we get this going again??? I know I am new but I love the idea of going to someones house and looking at their tanks. It gives me ideas. I am a carpenter so I like to build all my own stuff.

I dont care if everyone comes and sees my little 5 gallon hex nano :D maybe in a few months after the diatoms settle down and she is all stocked up

:-)

.....it was just an idea.

laters

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My house and tanks are open for viewing if anyone is interested. I am in Herndon, VA. All we need to do is set up a date. I am NOT available Jan 14, but open to suggestions any other weekend (pending Steelers outcome on the playoffs).

• 1 month later...

My tank is still in the build phase, as I am aquiring equipment, and starting on building the stand, but I would sure love to get idea's on proper setup for my system. I am Centreville, VA and would love to meet the other folks, and look at real world setups. I can contribute to this effort, just tell me how.

John

:D

• 5 months later...

There is a lot of stuff going on in the next couple of months:

MACNA is this month, and a number of us are going. (and maybe food making party)

October is our fall meeting (which requires a fair amount of work).

November is the social at the baltimore aquarium...

So that's not to dissuade anybody, but I'm planning one, but it'll be a month where there is a little less going on.

Dave

We would love to have some people over to check out our tank. Just let us know when.

Thomas and Jenny

It's a cakewalk. Pick a day that works for you and put up a post.

Anyone that can join you will and the rest will simply miss out this time.

Thanks for hosting.

• 5 months later...
Guest iolani

i could be in on this. I am right in dupont so it is an easy find. let me know. i'm jobless right now so my schedule is pretty open

iolani,

Your best bet is to PM Chip (flowerseller). He is in charge of tank tours :)

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bemmer

There is a TT scheduled in Northern VA (Leesburg and Purcellville) on Saturday, March 24. Details about tour are posted in a Tank Tour thread in the General Discussion forum. Please post any questions or your RSVP in the TT thread hosted by Bemmer, Copps and DBartco.

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12059

Thanks. Hope to see you there.

Rebecca "Bemmer"

• 1 year later...

Next scheduled tank tour in at Ctenophore's 500 (Rockville) on May 3rd. Anyone else, post up, or get with flowerseller to get something scheduled.

<font color='#000000'>I thought having a tank tours would be something new for WAMAS to try.

I'm looking to attend...I'm trying to figure out how to work it around Saturday's ballet and karate and musical theater and volunteering at the dog shelter and my signifcant other...but so help me...I'm gonna figure out how to get there

Edited by Carl

• 3 months later...

Patti and I would like to open up our home, and fridge, on Sunday Aug 24th, from 1-5 for a tank tour. We also have a swimming pool, fresh water though, so bring a swim suit! It should be a fun party. :)

We also have a nice sized yard for some baseball/football/soccer, so please bring the family!

In my signature is a link to our two tanks. A 450g reef and a 360g predator tank. The reef should be spectacular in a few more years but it's really pretty already. :)

(edited)

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!

The Lazar family (3) will be there.

Please let me know if we can bring anything (Dips, desserts, drinks, sides, etc and ask Patti before you answer.................)

So excited to finally see your tanks in person!

Maureen

Edited by MLazar

Patti and I would like to open up our home, and fridge, on Sunday Aug 24th, from 1-5 for a tank tour. We also have a swimming pool, fresh water though, so bring a swim suit! It should be a fun party. :)

We also have a nice sized yard for some baseball/football/soccer, so please bring the family!

In my signature is a link to our two tanks. A 450g reef and a 360g predator tank. The reef should be spectacular in a few more years but it's really pretty already. :)

I'm in your area, sounds fun!

Ah man, Sam! Bummer! Some other time then, for sure!

Ok, we have FOUR so far! Come one come all! It'll be a blast.

Maureen, I'll let Patti know about this thread and your question too. :)

Ah man, Sam! Bummer! Some other time then, for sure!

Ok, we have FOUR so far! Come one come all! It'll be a blast.

Maureen, I'll let Patti know about this thread and your question too. :)

Hey Maureen - THanks for the offer......Is there anything specific you would like to bring? We will have all sorts of sodas, water etc. if you'd like adult beverages please feel free to BYOB! If there is something you'd like to bring let me know - if not that's cool too - I really haven't thought about it just yet.....

I look forward to seeing you then....Are you going to the frag fest on Sunday? How about the meeting @ the National Aqua. Sat. the 9th?

Talk to you soon!

Hey Maureen - THanks for the offer......Is there anything specific you would like to bring? We will have all sorts of sodas, water etc. if you'd like adult beverages please feel free to BYOB! If there is something you'd like to bring let me know - if not that's cool too - I really haven't thought about it just yet.....

I look forward to seeing you then....Are you going to the frag fest on Sunday? How about the meeting @ the National Aqua. Sat. the 9th?

Talk to you soon!

Patti,

Was thinking about a 9 layer Mexican-style dip I make with tortilla chips, a spinach dip w/bread bowl, fruit salad, veggie tray with dip, or something for dessert if you'd like.

Would love to help out, let me know once you get your arms around number of people coming and your menu, no hurry.

Maureen