Tank Tours

Guest reeffoto

Come one come all, sign up to show your tank.

We are looking to start getting dates lined up so please send the dates you

are interested in today.

The best tank to show is one your not happy with.

We'll help you get happy with it!

Please PM me several days that work for you. SAT-SUN

Chip

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RED DOG

HEY,

The dog house, is always open for anybody to come by. I have a few tanks going, and am more than happy to host anything that anybody wants to do. I would love to do a fish food, tank tour, or building event. I think I am the farthest south from everybody, So we could make a day of it. Did I mention I have a pool table, foosball table, pin ball machine, jokers poker game, and an air hocky table. not to mention we could do a grill cook out, and I have room for all your wives, girlfriends, and kids. The family and I would love to host.

Hi everyone.

During our Sprin meeting I filled out the form to be included in  tank tour.  I'm available late June or early July.  Please match with someone in Reston, Chantilly, Burke, Oakton, Sterling or in same Herndon area, it will be great !.

Jacob   [hih]

I'm group PMing everyone that expressed an interest in showing their tank. Look for it in your mail inbox.

If you don't get a PM and believe you should have, it may be I goofed so send me a note.

Chip

Guest Amber Nussbaum

If you guys can post a schedule when this gets worked out.. I will try to come up for a whole Sunday or something.. and go to the 1 or 2 "official" tank tours, and maybe I can arrange to drop by one or two more people's houses.. since I'm making a 4 hour drive (from Va. Beach).

Amber

Hey like DavidM,

I'm also in Vienna. My 90 gal tank is just about cycled and plan on putting in some critters in about 2 weeks or less. Wouldn't mind showing off my NEW work and seeing others. Would be even better to meet some locals to become new friends. I missed out due to work the 17Apr meeting and the June get together, I'll be in FL.

remember: A stranger is nothing more than a friend waiting to say hello!

Howard

Ps Sunday's are good for me or any evening around 7pm on. Late owl!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest areefer
How is the list coming along, are we ready to start the tour? Newbie here looking for ideas. Thanks.

I have most of a rough draft with the info I have gotten back from people.

I hope to finish the mapping in the next few days and send it to the BOD to look at at.

It is a lot to figure who is close and then get "new" info.

Most everyone that replied gave huge dates ranges to help accomadate this. A BIG thanks.

Thanks for the wait.

Chip

Sign me up- preferably with Andrii or TonyG (or any other rockville/wheaton area people- we are all close to where the kensington meetings are held), as they are both real close by.  Maybe we could do it the weekend Andrii plans to break his tank down- which I believe will be in June?  Else sometime in August should work out OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Last chance to send info for the tank tours.

If you volunteered to show your tank I need info from you now.

If we have spoken since 5/31, I have your info. THANKS a bazillion!

If not, I need the following info now:

A good phone number to reach you easily.

Your address, not an area, but the street name, number and city the tank is to be shown from.

A date range and time of day that is good for your fellow hobbiests to stop by to see your tank.

Please send this info via PM by Friday 6/4 to be included.

Thank you,

Chip

Chip and I have tenatively set a date of 27Jun for our dates, he around 3-5pm (McLean) & myself around 5-7pm (Vienna) area. Confirmations sure to come soon. Anyone available earlier or later to confirm up one date in the area?

I currently am working on my 3rd tank, previous 30 reef, 55 setup or a restaurant for lobsters and now my 90 reef with 20 sump. Would love for all to see it and give me any constructive critism or applause, but DAMM this is fun! :)

Drop me a note if you think you would be attending?

[dr]

Howard

The grill will be on with steak and lobsters....oh, sorry!

That will be after you leave :)

Well, I see the excitement is catching on. Hope to get another

McLean Tank for you all to see as I hope to hear back from people.

Setting this up via PM or email is virtually impossible. (no pun intented)

If I've PM'd you or tried calling you PLEASE respond or return my call  by 6/4 .

If you are one of the very few who already have, THANKS A BUNCH!

Do delay, act today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saturday, -   August 14th

Excellent oppurtunity to see 4 really nice aquariums in one afternoon.

Peter Poggi  -  1:00-3:00

12413 Triple Crown Road

Gaithersburg, Maryland (Quince Orchard side)

(301) 330-3196

250 gallon reef and 55 gallon

directions

Eve Grant  -  3:00-5:00

18924 Lindenhouse Road

Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879 (Montgomery Village side)

(301) 963-6717

125 gallon (mostly SPS) and 40 gallon breeder (softies/LPS)

directions

• 6 months later...
Guest BuddhaFish

Hey, this thread has been dead since july n i want to see some tanks~

commooooon......someone volunteer! =P

Actually, I'm getting set up to do this series again. I takes a very long time to get it arranged.

When do you want to show yours and thanks for volunteering. Please PM me your phone number since it's nearly impossible to set thip up this through the board.

I live in McLean and may show mine right after the WAMAS meeting this Saturday since I'm about 15 minutes from it.

It's a lot of fun to show your tank.

Chip

Howard

I suggest you start a new forum perhaps under the title " 2005 Tank Tour " so everyone can post their dates and times and maybe keep a separate forum just for the dates and addresses of the members joining the Tank Tour this year. What you think? And as always, you can count on mine to be on the tour this year as well.

Jacob

My plan is to open my house after the meeting on Saturday to show our tank.

I also hope you will stop by, and then consider showing yours when I set up the tank tours for 2005 later this spring. Or we can start very soon if you're excited and sign up at either the meeting or later back at the house.

We live about 15 minutes away in McLean and have a 220h with very simple mechanics, all or most of which are DIY.

We'd like to convene soon after the meeting/program closes and conclude by 7:30-8:00. Feel free to stop by anytime durning this window and have a look.

Hope to see you,

Chip & Sonya Frederick

I'm putting in 60 sheets of drywall Sat/Sun, trying to squeeze time out to attend the meeting!

I will be moving my tank HOPEFULLY the 5th of Mar. Might be ready to do a tour in APRIL though. March is going to be pretty busy, I plan on travelling 2-3 weeks that month. Ah-OH! Need to post soon for tank sitters....hide Mike! :)

Howard

UPDATE:

BTW, I tried to start a NEW TOPIC under 2005 Tours under "Annoucement" and "Tank Tours" but will not allow me. Not Authorized? Would an officer do that please?

Howard

Guest clownfish4

Howard, I'll be in California from March 4 to March 12, so don't get your hopes to high! :D I will open my tank for viewing as soon as I get my broken bulb replaced and fix all the NO/NOs of my tank! :mellow:

And trust me gang, YOU WANT TO SEE MIKE'S NEW SETUP< VERY NICE SIR!

In about 4-6 months with your selection, your tank ought to be ready to explode!

B)

Thanks for supporting my office tank BTW, nice Xenia's!

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clownfish4

If anyone is interested in seeing my tank, please pm me. I will gladly open my doors but would prefer to know if people are coming or not.

• 2 months later...
Guest greenthumb
<font color='#000000'>If you guys are willing to drive to Baltimore I'll sign up too.

George</font>

10117[/snapback]

Hey, I am in Lutherville and have no issues in helping. I am tearing down my main tank ad some of these guys need new homes.

anyway, I am in