New Lamps!

mogurnda

It was about time to change my lamps (well, about 7 mos), and I decided to change from 10000K XMs to 14000K Hamiltons. The growth was great with the XMs, but I wanted to get a little more color out of the corals, and the T5 actinics weren't able to compete with the XMs.

Here are some before and after shots from last night or the night before. Same settings (mostly 1/60s, f4.5)

Whole tank:

whole013107_7431.jpg

whole013107_7458.jpg

Clown and zoas:

clownzoos_7440.jpg

clownzoos_7467.jpg

Pink Pocillopora:

pocillo_sale_7392.jpg

pocillo_7483.jpg

still for sale, btw

The green on the hammer is wonderfully intense, and I'll upload one of those soon.

ohh yeaa !!!!! that's nice.

where you got the Hamilton 14K ????? how much?

Thanks, everyone. It still feels unfinished, but inching along.

The Hamiltons are from Premium Aquatics, $59.99 each. I decided to go with them because they give the best PAR with IceCap E-ballasts of any of the 14 or 15k lamps Sanjay tested.

I started with XM 250 10K, then moved to USHIO 250 10K and still debating if I want to go Hamilton 14K, because the colors are so much rich in blue and white than does from the USHIO, USHIO and XM tend to be more yellow. I know I know it is the 10K spectrum, but still I found them both to be too yellow for my liking...

It also depends on the ballast. I have a Blue-line on the left and an IceCap on the right, and the right side looks more yellow to me.

I too run Hamilton 14k 250s on my 90....really like to blue hue PAR is nowhere near 10k bulbs but I like the look on my tank

IMG_0087.jpg

Dave

went to PremiumAquatics and don't have 250W, they got 175W at $64... seems they run out of stock. Thans or the link, I will check with HelloLights.

Jacob

That's too bad. I'm glad I got a few before they ran out.

kngfisher, that tank is looking great.