Sad News - WAMAS Member Jeff Haddock(NAGA) aka Pimped Out Aquariums - recently passed away

It's with sad news that I share the passing of Jeff.  He was a longtime member of WAMAS and CMAS and helped many locals in the reefing community over the years.  I see on Facebook one of his high school classmates has started a fundraiser to assist his daughter.  If you can spare a few bucks, here is the link (hope it works):  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221052379203224&id=1355261125&sfnsn=mo

Jeff Haddock, Sherwood High School Class of 1983 and friend to many passed suddenly 3 days ago of a heart attack. Jeff had just become a grandfather and never got to hold his granddaughter. His daughter is overwhelmed with handling his estate and does not have enough funds to clean out his house and rent a trailer to take his possessions to Florida. CALLING ALL SHS AND FRIENDS TO HELP PLEASE !

Sad to hear, was a great resource back in the day. Thanks for sharing the news.

Sad to hear, I still use the sump that Jeff made me over 10 years ago.  He also gave working with acrylic seminars in past wamas meetings.  

Darren

This is very sad news!! I still have my custom sump for my 240 in wall ,my auto top off he made. Also the weirdest frag tank you've ever seen at a WAMAS meeting I made when I was helping him pay off my stuff. This was in Annapolis working  to pay off my Barter. This was over 10 years ago and I haven't seen his daughter since she was  like 12!

I will definitely send some money. He made a lot of Tanks/ acrylic products for high-end customers and he gave a lot of raffles items to WAMAS over the years as well.

Payers for his daughter and and Grand daughter.

Curtis

Yeah... sad to hear. Jeff built my frag tank and built a lot of stuff for WAMAS members over the decades. He was a good guy and will be missed by many. 

• 1 month later...

Jeff's death was such a shock.  What a great guy.   He built my 300 gal acrylic tank, sump, and mixing tank, and has been maintaining it for the past ten years.   I tried the donation link above but it just went to Jeff's Facebook page.  I didn't see a link to donate.   Does anyone know who to contact to donate?  I'm sure Shannon is still having a tough time.

I'm also looking for a recommendation for someone who does tank maintenance in Baltimore County.

-Larry

Thank you for the info.   That's truly sad.  I appreciate the link for the go fund me page

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Sorry to hear this. Jeff built my previous tank before I moved away. He was a good guy. Rip.

Edited by Amuze

• 7 months later...

I know I'm like a year late but I was just Googling pimped out aquariums and this is the first time I'm hearing this. So heartbreaking. Bump for rememberance of a top notch guy. :cheers: