Picasso clownfish

gioNVA

Just want to share my excitement.  I've been on and off breeding clownfish for the last 11 years or so.  I have a special pair that I've been waiting forever to breed.  As I read up on clownfish breeding and seeing most fish breeders/vendors sell fish with deformities, I focused on breeding fish with minimal inbreeding.  I started with my Doni's reef snowcasso and a Rod's/Cquest onyx pair.  I then acquired a few black picassos from Bali Aquarich.  I paired one of them with an ORA picasso that I got from BRK.  When those bred, I then paired it with my Doni x Cquest baby.  It took about 5 years for them to breed.  Anyway, these picassos are now 14 days old have are looking very promising.  

DSC_3299.jpg

DSC_3300.jpg

DSC_3303.jpg

DSC_3304.jpg

Thanks Ha!  Shape and deformities are the first thing I look for.  I also make sure the fins are intact and big.  A lot of the designer clowns have either torn fins or undersized and deformed.  Check this one out.  It looks great so far.

DSC_3339.jpg

nice fish Francis. First thing I look for is the underbite. I never thought about the fins. but definitely good to know

that's one well fed clown baby!

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on the breeding. Those patterns are really nice. I have never made efforts at breeding clowns, but when I have gotten them in the past, I made sure to not get two from the same parents.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...