New to Wamas

Hey guys. My name is Reggie and Im new to wamas to state the obvious. I absolutely love the world of aquatics. Mostly salt water. I would love to find out about meetings, showings, or anything else aquarium related.  I am currently attempting a reef with minimal equipment but so far it’s working out well. 

Hi welcome to WAMAS.  This is a great group of people with lots of knowledge.  I would recommend becoming a paid member it gives you access to the meetings, members only section of the forum.  There is people always selling and trading in there as well as being able to access the rental programs for things like par meters and suction cups to move large tanks.  As far as the next meeting who knows when that will be due to the stats being locked down.  

Welcome. The community here is fantastic to say the least. Lots of knowledge here in the area and more than that lots of nice people who are more than willing to help out other fellow reefers. As the person before me stated the paid area is where all the sale/trade/group buy and member only chats are. Well worth the 20 dollars especially if you plan on attending meetings since the membership gets you in the door for no extra cost. Care to elaborate on your setup/intentions. We also love pictures here.

Welcome Reggie!

We would love to see your setup when you get a chance!

You'll find a great group of folks here, along with tons of great things for sale/ trade/ free (only viewable once a member). Typically we have meetings with renowned speakers quarterly, but given the health crisis, I'm not sure when that'll be.

Let me know if you have questions about membership or anything else! Welcome again!

Nikki

Welcome!

Welcome, Reggie. I hope that you enjoy your stay here. Our spring meeting was scheduled this month, but had to be canceled because of CDC guidelines and, later, because the schools were shut down to events. We'll pick back up in the summer if all is well and under control. Stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm Rhonda and have been a member year for about a year, just getting around to finally posting. It's been nice to have my aquatic friends with me during this time of social distancing.  The 40 gal freshwater tank houses two large red spotted severum who follow me around like puppies. 

But my real goal with the additional time on my hands, is to get a solid plan in place to upgrade my reef tank.  Currently I've got a thriving 20 gallon that was cobbled together with HOB equipment.  I am running an AI Prime HD. It's about two years old with 2 clowns, a mandarin, CuC and a handful of softies that are all doing well. But I think I've reached my limit and want to upgrade tank and equipment. So I'm hoping to spend more time here actually engaging in the forums.  

Looking forward to some continuing ed and getting to know some other members.