Heads up for good salt prices

The link doesn't show anything about a rebate other than to say there is one. I already have 4 buckets on order, for basically $20 a bucket, but the rebate would be nice.

Why Florida? It's too hot there. But you will be missed here!

Rebate link is half way down the page to something on Facebook. The link did not work for me but that might be because I am not on FB. $20 for a bucket of IO or $25 for RC seems pretty good even if the rebate doesn't show up.

(edited)

If someone wants the two at Owings Mill I ordered, maybe we can arrange something, because I only ordered those due to the fact that it was the only place that didn't say out of stock, but then I realized that if I only put for 1 bucket, I could order one from each of 2 closer stores. I'm not sure how to arrange for another person to pick up once the  is already made... maybe I could just forward the order e-mail.

Edited by treesprite

(edited)

Well, Owings Mill gave my order to someone else and I was charged for it. The store can't do a refund because it was ordered online. I just hope it wasn't someone here trying to sneak a free bucket of salt.

Edited by treesprite

Well, Owings Mill gave my order to someone else and I was charged for it. The store can't do a refund because it was ordered online. I just hope it wasn't someone here trying to sneak a free bucket of salt.

That's absolutely dreadful and totally must be the store's fault for not checking ID of whoever picked up the order. I'd imagine that at least your credit card company should be able to help if they give you the run around at the Pestmart.

Nothing available near me and you can't order online.....good deal tho...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thats really bad...you should challenge them if they had asked for an ID before giving your order to someone else! For that matter...when I picked it up in South manassas area store...they brought my order from inside not from the store shelf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yup they brought my order from a cage behind the counters. Then they asked for ID to verify the order. I don't see how they can't refund you when they were negligent with your order.

I haven't been able I find any around me for days now. Someone on a local FB group up here said a store manager ordered more in so it might be worth it to keep checking. Not sure how long the sale runs either though...

There might still be some in stock at the Falls Church location (6100 Arlington Blvd.).  I just ordered one successfully (waiting for the email confirmation that it's ready to pick up).

(edited)

Just checked the website and i must be too late.  Price is back up to the normal even after choosing in-store pickup:  $65 on RC

Edited by 22bfan

I did get a refund.Then when I picked up my Germantown salt, that girl did not ask for any confirmation or ID so I gave her a lecture.

The biggest and most disturbing thing about the salt-stealing situation, is that some WAMAS forum user is a thief.  The only people   who knew both my name and the fact that I ordered the salt from that location, are people who use this message forum. Since I don't know who it was, there are very few people here I would trust with anything anymore.

I've been to shops where they asked if I was the person that just called in for orders and started to hand me the wrong items (presumably somebody elses order) so hopefully this was a similar case.

(edited)

I did get a refund.Then when I picked up my Germantown salt, that girl did not ask for any confirmation or ID so I gave her a lecture.

The biggest and most disturbing thing about the salt-stealing situation, is that some WAMAS forum user is a thief.  The only people   who knew both my name and the fact that I ordered the salt from that location, are people who use this message forum. Since I don't know who it was, there are very few people here I would trust with anything anymore.

It's indeed disturbing. I really hope it was just a case of mistaken identity. I had my in-law picked it up for me in Philly two days later using just the printed receipt from my email. 

But I have to say that I have bought quite a few used stuffs on WAMAS, and only one or two of them are true to their advertised descriptions. I've also missed out on some great deals because the sellers stopped contacting me once I asked for detailed descriptions of the items. Any honest seller would not hesitate to disclose the merchandise true descriptions. But, I guess it is what it is.   

Edited by newbie2014

It is impossible to know whether it was a passing forum reader or an actual WAMAS member. I am hoping it was not a WAMAS member, but we are just a bunch of random people who all like keeping saltwater aquariums enough to pay a piddly $20 a year to be able to take advantage of all that WAMAS has to offer us. I'm glad there are no grand expectations of members, but we should at least be honest and civilized.

Even if the store made an identity mistake, the person who took the item would have known that he or she did not pay for it, therefore was committing theft.

Well at any rate, this sale took place twice in the past year, so I imagine it will come around again in about 6 months. I was able to get in for the last one also, and was checking the website frequently hoping for another one to come up, which it of course did. Let's just remind these stores to train their clerks to check for proper IDs and confirmation e-mails, given that so many of us will be ordering over the internet for store pickup.