Interceptor needed

Denis

I have a quarantine with corals and I treated them for red bugs and black bugs. Wanted to know if anyone had interceptor so that if for any reason that they make it to my display which I doubt, I will be ready to treat the display.. Anyone near Rockville md who might have some would be great. Couldn't find any anywhere not even at the vets.

It is now in production again so the vets can order it for you.  But what I have found is most vets won't help.  I have a vet friend out in CO that orders it for me.   I recommend printing off the information that proves it can be safely used in reef tanks to kill redbugs and go vet to vet and see if anyone is willing to help you out.  Also, say you have them now and your corals are in danger.  Not for needing them in the future.  They don't seem to like preventive care and only for current treatment.

Also bring pictures of your tank so you can build a relationship with the vet.

It may now be under Elanco Interceptor Spectrum now.

Also, I have found that exotic vets are much more likely to help than normal vets.  

Stuff to print off:

http://www.melevsreef.com/node/655

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/3/corals

http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic43945.html

I think it's a controlled substance in the US still, so folks here would probably not be well advised to post on the forum that they're giving you some...

Ok I understand. It was for reef purposes but I do agree and that did cross my mind before posting it. So my apologies

I tried to get cipro from my vet for my anemone system. I was told I would have to have the anemones inspected for an infection for them to be able to give me a scrip for the meds. <edit>

Edited by Origami
Blocked reference to unregistered source for a controlled substance.

Shutting this down, interceptor is a controlled substance,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks, it may not seem like much to some, but Interceptor is a controlled substance. That is, it is a prescription medication. Whether any prescription medication is for Veterinary purposes or for some other use doesn't matter. It requires a prescription to obtain. Please don't discuss alternative (i.e. illegal) sources of prescription medication on WAMAS. Please don't do it in the forum and please don't discuss it via PM. This is as much for WAMAS' protection as it is for others. However, as Officers we have a fiduciary duty to protect WAMAS first. Please respect that. Thank you.

BTW, I saw a sign posted at Blue Ridge Vets in Purcellville, VA announcing that Interceptor was available again. So, if you're looking for another legal source, that's one. On the plus side, they do have a vet experienced with Exotics there that may be able to help. I've heard similar information applies to Pender Vet Clinic in Fairfax.

Just pinned this thread from 2009 that highlights our consistent stand on the matter.