Seth's 150g DD SPS Dominated Reef

This is a sweet setup Love the color

Thanks.  Yah I have the color down pack but I wish I could get my growth to take off more. Mostly everything is just encrusting.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on trying the HP dip, I did 4 cups of water to 4 cupfuls of HP and it did get rid of the algae on the frag but I still have not seen my lunar eclipses open up. Its been 2 weeks now. So I think I am not going to try that again.

Hm. That doesn't really seem like a lot, a cap to a cup? I ended up doing a 50/50 solution which rid once and for all of the bryopsis, which seems to have been eradicated with diligent dipping before it spread. My new problem is bubble algae. I'm going to throw about 6 emeralds in my 6 gallon and let them have at it, and then slowly pull and rehome as the problem is solved. I added one, but it just hides under a rock and eats when I feed.

Bummer about the Lunar Exclipses, but I wouldn't call it a day yet, especially if you had success with all the others. Did you also revive dip afterwards? I swear by a good revive dip!

Hm. That doesn't really seem like a lot, a cap to a cup? I ended up doing a 50/50 solution which rid once and for all of the bryopsis, which seems to have been eradicated with diligent dipping before it spread. My new problem is bubble algae. I'm going to throw about 6 emeralds in my 6 gallon and let them have at it, and then slowly pull and rehome as the problem is solved. I added one, but it just hides under a rock and eats when I feed.

Bummer about the Lunar Exclipses, but I wouldn't call it a day yet, especially if you had success with all the others. Did you also revive dip afterwards? I swear by a good revive dip!

Naa I use coral Rx but yah the lunars were the only ones I dipped as a test run.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

First picture, very bottom, what it is?

Nice looking Z's.

They are legendary corals LC Phantasms.

I like it. I like it a lot. I mean, I like them all, but that's what I noticed first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tore down the tank. And swapped to my 70g starphire. Was sick of having 6 fans blowing to keep the temps down from the 400 halides.

• 3 months later...

Tore down the tank. And swapped to my 70g starphire. Was sick of having 6 fans blowing to keep the temps down from the 400 halides.

So you vote no on the halides

So you vote no on the halides

I voted no on 400w halides  :P   I run 250w DE 14k Phoenixes on my 70g  :P   If I could find a teco chiller for under $750 I would go back to 400w halides in a heartbeat.

Edited by sethsolomon