Moving soon!

Evannn

Hey y'all! So I currently reside in williamsburg(awful location for reefing) but am soon moving up to the NOVA DC area. I'm wanting to introduce myself. Can you please tell me about some good stores to purchase fish and coral at a reasonable price?

My current tank is a 40b mixed reef. Hope to talk to you all soon! :-)

Welcome! We are fortunate to have many good local fish stores here in our area. On this site, under "About WAMAS" click on the LFS Map and you will get a listing and map of the LFSes in this area. My personal favorite is Quantum Reefs, which has a good selection of dry goods and healthy livestock at very competitive prices.

I came from the VA Beach area to where I am now on the MD/NOVA Border. We have a ton of great vendors here and a fantastic reefing community. I would recommend a personal favorite, but that is impossible as I have gotten too many great deals from each. Welcome!

Welcome!!!!  Hope to meet you soon :laugh: It would be a good idea to complete your profile to help you connect with members near you. In addition "E" that 40B won't last long! Around here we have great LFS and members with loads of Coral to stock you tank. How about some pics. No pics not true. we always say in the WAMAS community .

What part of NOVA DC area are you moving to? We have tons of good shops.

Welcome! Check out the vendors, most of them are reasonably close. As mentioned, the vendor map is nice as well!

Welcome, tell us more about your set up?

It's a 40b with a 4 bulb t5 setup. Only fish ate 2 clownfish, and a few soft coals and only one lps. Nothing too crazy .

Hi Evan. Welcome to WAMAS. We have a lot of stores that you could visit in the DC area. Depending upon where you settle, you'll frequent some over others. Please take a moment to not only check the LFS Map, but also to familiarize yourself with our sponsors. They could always use your support to help them still be here when you really need them (like during an emergency).

Also, consider joining up as a full WAMAS member. It's only $20 a year and a great value, providing you access to many other forums here, including our for sale, auction, and member discussion forums. Click on the link in my signature to see what one hobbyist had to say about the benefits of membership.

Hi Evan. Welcome to WAMAS. We have a lot of stores that you could visit in the DC area. Depending upon where you settle, you'll frequent some over others. Please take a moment to not only check the LFS Map, but also to familiarize yourself with our sponsors. They could always use your support to help them still be here when you really need them (like during an emergency).

Also, consider joining up as a full WAMAS member. It's only $20 a year and a great value, providing you access to many other forums here, including our for sale, auction, and member discussion forums. Click on the link in my signature to see what one hobbyist had to say about the benefits of membership.

I will look into that. Once I move I will look into getting more into reefing.