Has Anyone Seen This Algae Before?

Jandmflies

(edited)

I have noticed that there is some new algae in my tank. It's hard and almost looks like coral that is green but it isn't. The only thing that has changed is that the tank now gets a lot more sunlight for a longer period of time. Neither my Hippo or emerald crabs eat it. It's every where. When I tried to get some off the live rock I noticed it was hard and broke off in chunks. No one knows what it is so I'm looking for help here. I do use tap water for my water changes. It is what it is and what I can afford. Hopefully some one here knows what it is and how to get rid of it. Many thanks in advance. Oh and it isn't bubble algae.

ddd74ec8ee7a5d4289ff0e25dfb61f93.jpg

Edited by Jandmflies

I can't see the picture, unfortunately, because Photobucket is blocked where I'm at. Is it flat like coralline algae by chance? Green coralline typically grows in higher light areas; red in lower light.

Origami,

No not flat. It's almost like coral as it builds higher and higher like a rock so to speak.

Wish I could see it now. I guess I'll have to wait.

Isnt there a biologist on here who studies macro algaes? I thought I remember someone asking for scrapings for cell studies or something.

Pants

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses. I do appreciate it. I'm attaching a more close up photo of a section of it. It is hard. It's got an interesting shape I haven't seen before in algae.223c1b6f459cc77a64f2851f7ce80804.jpg

I was thinking the same as Coral Hind.  Looks like Codium in a tight growth pattern.  It will feel somewhat hard, but still pliable.  Similar to maybe a very green stick/sapling.  

It looks like in the pictures there might also be a Red Planaria issue.

Good eyes. Didn't even see that but I second what he said.

I've had the best luck using lemon or yellow chromis or a mystery wrasse. I would check with Marcos over at ERC to see

If he can get you a small batch of those chromis.