water mixing/storage tanks

menglish

Anyone considering a group buy for some water storage tanks? I would like to get two 45-55 gallon tanks, one for RODI and the other for making salt water. Any suggestions?

Much thanks

Search back a bit, someone had done a recent group buy from NTO, I think, and had kind of a bear of a time getting the tanks here and dealing with their customer support.  If it works out you can save a bunch on expensive shipping, though.

I just picked up a 15 gallon container from Abbey Drum Company in Baltimore. They have every shape and size you could think of in stock. The one I picked up was $35 which I thought was quite reasonable. I could always dig up the contact information for the sales person who I talked to.

This is what I bought from them. I know you would be looking at something bigger but just for reference.

A74D0A3D-7581-4893-9C04-F670BBE817FB_zps

I will make sure to post up the info. It was only last week and I already lost it the invoice... I can always call the company and figure out who I talked to.

So I did called ABBEY DRUM and got some information on the drums.
The drums are $75.  and they also have them in a clear and blue colors.  the problem with these drums, is that they are tight head, meaning your cannot put a pump in them to mix salt unless you cut it open. I dont like that look :(

Hey just food for thought. This guy on YT has installed a pothole of some sort in the top of his trash can. It may be a option considering it's about the size of most water tanks.

Does anyone know what it is or where to get one?

Sorry there's a play button I the middle. I took a snap shot.

de3673c400d3cb19eae26662cdf08607.jpg

Kc3

Edited by KC3

• 2 weeks later...

I needed something for work and stopped by earlier this week. They do have open top ones as well but they are the kind with a ring around the top that seals the lid to the container. She said they should both be about the same price. Just a heads up incase that works for anyone.

FAIR WARNING:  Stay away form NTO, and if you do use them DON'T use Dave. I am sure 8 or 9 other can chime in on this.

FAIR WARNING:  Stay away form NTO, and if you do use them DON'T use Dave. I am sure 8 or 9 other can chime in on this.

good to know to avoid Dave. thanks ken.

we used NTO on the first group buy I put together and Robert was terrific, timely, and diligent. I was also able to negotiate better pricing for the containers themselves, the freight, and wrapping protection with him unlike the first woman I was working with when doing recon at NTO.

So, it seems like a few folks would be interested in storage tanks.

I personally was more interested in the vertical tanks as the space I have is more suitable for some thing tall and thin, like my hot water boiler and not the horizontal ones sold by tractor supply.

I have started a conversation with some one from Plastic-Mart and they have tons to choose from.

see http://www.plastic-mart.com/category/109/plastic-storage-tanks

These will ship from TN. I was trying to get a sense of shipping cost to this area and she said it would depend on how much we would get.

She did give me a number for 10 of the VT0065. Cost would be about $250.

So, I would be willing to continue talking with her, but I would need to get a pretty good idea of how many tanks and the sizes folks are interested in.

So, those who are interested in tanks from this company, take a look at there site and let me know what sizes and how many you are interested in.  I will then keep a list and see what interest we have.