Macros - Anemones, Zoas, Etc.

dshnarw

Phenomenal shots! What lens are you using? What lights are you shooting under? What are you using for post processing?! Looking forward to a lot more of these.

Phenomenal shots! What lens are you using? What lights are you shooting under? What are you using for post processing?! Looking forward to a lot more of these.

What he said!!

Thanks!  I'm using a Canon 60D with a Sigma 150mm Macro (non-OS model).  Lighting was from an old school Tek 24" with just 2 bulbs on - an ATI blue+ and an ATI purple+.  I processed them from RAW files using Lightzone (an open source version of Adobe Lightroom that isn't terrible).

Thanks! I'm using a Canon 60D with a Sigma 150mm Macro (non-OS model). Lighting was from an old school Tek 24" with just 2 bulbs on - an ATI blue+ and an ATI purple+. I processed them from RAW files using Lightzone (an open source version of Adobe Lightroom that isn't terrible).

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

Nice shots...You should not scrub your EXIF info. It would be nice to know some details about your shots like ISO. I see some noise. Did you use manual focus?

Keep them coming.

Nice shots...You should not scrub your EXIF info. It would be nice to know some details about your shots like ISO. I see some noise. Did you use manual focus?

Keep them coming.

Thanks...

Privacy, especially regarding geolocation info, trumps my interest in others seeing the exif data.  And laziness trumps making the effort to do more than leave a box checked to remove all info for all photos.  Besides, I'm happy to relay the info specific to camera settings to anyone who asks. ;)

Definitely some noise. I was at ISO 2000 for most of these, manual focus without the tripod - just grabbing some snapshots.

Thanks...

Privacy, especially regarding geolocation info, trumps my interest in others seeing the exif data.  And laziness trumps making the effort to do more than leave a box checked to remove all info for all photos.  Besides, I'm happy to relay the info specific to camera settings to anyone who asks. ;)

Definitely some noise. I was at ISO 2000 for most of these, manual focus without the tripod - just grabbing some snapshots.

ah..just realized you are not using LR. I believe in LR you can scrub all except for basic shot info like camera, lens, focal lenght, etc....Surprised at the noise at 2000. Nice work on your site...like the HDR (assuming it's HDR) shots.

Phenomenal as always!  I missed this caliber of pictures on the board while you were gone!

Thanks Sam...though I'm sure you exaggerate :)

ah..just realized you are not using LR. I believe in LR you can scrub all except for basic shot info like camera, lens, focal lenght, etc....Surprised at the noise at 2000. Nice work on your site...like the HDR (assuming it's HDR) shots.

Yup, LR is still the best.  LZ has very little in the way of minutiae right now :)  

2000 is probably the limit of usability on the 60D from my experience but, in fairness to the camera, a couple of the noisiest had some EV adjustments in post which certainly makes it seem a bit noisier (the clove polyps, for example).  LR's noise reduction algorithm would have been an improvement as well...

Thanks - a bit of HDR, but most of my HDR-looking images are single RAW file techniques...I'm always forgetting the tripod :)

• 2 weeks later...

Messing around with the camera some more.  Sexy shrimp decided to pose, tunicates, and a few nems.  Even a pretty aiptasia...maybe?  Sorta?

16267543639_6c1bfb6c1c_z.jpg

16452843822_52eaf008e5_z.jpg

16453789875_8501959e00_z.jpg

16267544559_27e06cddec_z.jpg

15833718573_befc6417fd_z.jpg

16427795066_0da85d44f8_z.jpg

16452845852_821b8d2bd8_z.jpg

16452846232_2c870cbe65_z.jpg

Well that's it, I quit. Goodbye WAMAS.

No but seriously, PHENOMENAL photos.

Um wow way beyond me.

Thanks, but it's just a matter of practice with the right equipment and plenty of patience.

• 2 weeks later...