Anyone know what this is on my polyp?

nextlevel808

Anyone know what this little creature is on my polyp? Also if it's bad how do I get rid of them? Any and all help is welcome. Thanks.

post-2635769-0-46890000-1421075321_thumb.jpg

They look like zoa eating nubibranchs and it also looks like they have laid eggs. I would give the rock a 10 minute dip in freshwater w/ iodine or some name brand coral cleaner in it.

Do what coral hind mentioned and dip them in whatever dip you have most work on them. You will have to do it again a few times to get the babies after they hatch the dip won't kill the eggs.

I agree also not sure what juvenile zoa eating nudibranchs look like but that white one to the right looks like a montipora eating nudibranch.

I think the white things you are seeing are the egg clutches.

Gotcha I've only seen the eggs in that spiral formation like the one to the far right the one directly to the right kinda looks like it's hanging off the polyp maybe just the picture playing tricks on me.

In that picture I see three bunches of eggs.  One on the far right in a spiral shape halfway up the polyp, one two polyps to the left at about the same level, and another one polyp to the left of that at the same height/slightly higher.  I also see two nudi's, though you probably have many more of each.

You're picture is excellent by the way- could be put in a textbook.

Gently scrape and flush away whatever eggs you are able to see, too. You may not get them all, but get what you can now when you can see them.

As Reef eScape (one of our long time sponsors) says, that's a great picture. You could use it in a textbook. 

Thanks everyone for the info. I dipped them today for first time will repeat in few days and try to scrape off as many eggs as I can then.

And thanks for picture quality comment I'm not a very photogenic person and can't figure out how to upload some others I have. Tried changing profile picture but every time says to big plus I suck at the whole computer and uploading thing lol.

Dip every 3 days, scrub eggs off with a toothbrush with the dip on it...

I also used flatworm exit for 3 weeks to get them out of my live rock since I could not dip all of my zoas...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually were not to bad to get rid of but mine weren't to bad yet I caught early. I will dip 1-2 more times. I used CoralRx as the dip I used. Hope this helps you as it did me.