ATI Bulb Combo suggestions

YHSublime

Hey WAMAS

Looking to add bulbs to an 8x80 sunpower, here is what I'm thinking:

x5 ATI Blue Plus

x2 ATI Coral Plus

x1 Purple Plus

Thoughts? I know that some of you (epleeds) will chime in and say "go KZ and never look back," but the budget is saying ATI is what will work at the moment :)

I'm a noob with T5, all experience welcome.

I'd try your original plan, but get an extra B+ and then you can try the ERC recomendation. My favorite look is when I have a B+ and C+ on with a reefbrite tech strip. Some people put a 6500k GE bulb or similar in 8-bulb configs too.

there's a huge thread with photos on RC or R2R that might be helpful. also, there's some awesome video footage from than at tidal gardens comparing combos and individual bulbs on youtube. otherwise, i like what you and richard suggested. will produce a 14-18k look without too much blue. throw on some reef brites and you're done dude.

With 8 bulbs I would use a UVL Actinic in the mix...

Trying to remember...is that the same as whtie actinic? If so, I think those add some pink to the visible spectrum...and perhaps could sub for one of the planned C+

I found the blue plus bulbs to be way too blue. I liked the coral plus way better. For what it's worth I would take one blue out of your original plan and replace that with a coral plus or UV, but most people like more blue than I do.

I found the blue plus bulbs to be way too blue. I liked the coral plus way better. For what it's worth I would take one blue out of your original plan and replace that with a coral plus or UV, but most people like more blue than I do.

I'm with you, Alan. I like a nice white and natural look, and then blues for showcasing. I will probably end up adding more whites, but I have 2 coral plus already, which I can throw into the mix.

I use 2 blue+, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus over my frag tank. This combo makes every orange, red, purple, and yellow pop.

I def recommend keeping your combo or dropping one blue + for another purple+.

I use 2 blue+, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus over my frag tank. This combo makes every orange, red, purple, and yellow pop.

I def recommend keeping your combo or dropping one blue + for another purple+.

Thanks for the input, I will check it out when they come in and see how it all looks.

I ran a ATI 8X80 Powermodule for years. I asked the Grimreefer on RC for a combo. He recommended the following, which I was very happy with;

Front

ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Purple Plus or a KZ Fiji Purple
ATI Blue Plus
GE 6,500K or a KZ New Generation
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

Back

Edited by ebman74

I ran a ATI 8X80 Powermodule for years. I asked the Grimreefer on RC for a combo. He recommended the following, which I was very happy with;

Front

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Purple Plus or a KZ Fiji Purple

ATI Blue Plus

GE 6,500K or a KZ New Generation

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

Back

I've seen that combo, I like his stuff!

A GE 6500K would have a lot of nice white.  That's a pile of blue plus, but I'd really like to see what it looked like. 

I didn't like how blue my 4 bulb light was with 2 blue plus, 1 coral plus, and 1 purple plus.

I like all of the T5 discussion lately because I'll likely end up with some retrofits if I ever upgrade rather than scrapping my current DIY LEDs. (not that I've received permission to upgrade...)

Alan, the GE bulb adds SO much white and brings a whole lot of PAR.  As a result it balances out all the Blue+.  If you'd like to see the Grimreefer combo that ebman mentioned above, feel free to swing by.  

The coral plus still has a decent amount of "blue", so it really doesn't balance out the blue+ like the GE bulb.

For some reason Photobucket is not allowed at my work anymore. I think that there are photos in the following thread of my tank with that combo, but all I see at work are red x's!! Hopefully this helps:

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/65160-high-end-equipment-for-sale/page-2

tank111_zps1c23b9f9.jpg

If not PM me your cell number and I can text photos.

Edited by YHSublime

For some reason Photobucket is not allowed at my work anymore. I think that there are photos in the following thread of my tank with that combo, but all I see at work are red x's!! Hopefully this helps:

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/65160-high-end-equipment-for-sale/page-2

If not PM me your cell number and I can text photos.

I threw this image in there from the link you posted, is that what you were trying to post? Looks nice!