Getting out of hobby and moving to Mexico

zygote2k

Not me- a client.

This tank was set up by Marine Scene around 2000 and was maintained by them, Reef eScape, and finally by me. Client is moving to Mexico and wants to sell his nice setup.

The tank is a 225 Oceanic with wood cabinet and hood. The hood has 3) D120's and the stand houses a sump, dedicated fuge, water mixing and storage station, a Euro-reef skimmer, RO/DI, return pumps, kalk stirrer, various electrical components. All equipment was top of the line ca. 2000 and still works fine to this day. Everything is well made and durable.

The tank currently has an XL Sailfin tang, Diamond Sleeper Goby, and a breeding pair of Ocellaris. There are currently 8-10 RBTA's, some Kenya Tree, shrooms, and a few other tiny corals. There's about 200# of live rock covered in sponges, feather dusters, micro brittles, and caulerpa. There is a small patch of Aiptasia since the Filefish surfed the carpet earlier this year.

There's a 1/6 hp chiller and a plethora of supplies too.

Client would like to sell as a whole at $2500 obo but is willing to part it out once the livestock is sold. He would like to sell the livestock as one package though. I told him that WAMAS will typically offer considerably less than what he is asking but he's fine with that as long as buyer breaks it all down and hauls it away without making a huge mess.

I have no financial interest in this sale but I or your other favorite maintenance technician will break it down for you at the going rate.

PM if interested.

DSC01710

DSC01712

DSC01711

With the exception of the small patch of Aiptasia, this rock is festooned with encrusting organisms. It's a mixture of Fiji and Marshall and some of the pieces are quite large. 200# of super nice rock, 10 RBTA's, show quality Sailfin,- what's that worth around here? $ $600- $750....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reposting

Complete reef system for sale set up 10+ years All equipment nicely fitted in stand except chiller. Will not part out.

150 gal tall AGA tank

Custom whitewashed stand and hood canopy

3/250? LED lights- blue and white

1 GEN X PC X PUMP (main)

Eco plus 1/4- hp chiller

1SEN 500 G submersible pump (chiller)

1 Euroreef skimmer (new motor)

30 gal sump

Aqua jet 1200 (fuge pump)

7gal custom fuge

Aqua Baracuda RO/DI 100 gal per day? 3 stage

10 gal custom salt mix tank w/ aqua lifter

Sunpak 50 fuge light

6 misc timers, plugs, 4 power strips

ADDITIONAL W/Sale

3 Drews doser micro pumps (used 6 months)

3 digital timers for Drews pumps

NEW IN BOX Aqua lifter AW20 vacuum pump

NEW IN BOX GEN X 40 1190 GPH pump

NEW IN BOX SEN 500GA Submersible pump

6 aqua jet 1200 plus upgrade kits and fittings

Stealth 50 w heater

NEW RO Membrane

NEW DI cartridge

Current digital Aqua Chef feeder

NEW coral cutter

2 gph pump

Back up Sunpak bulb

MISC:

Kalk

Frag. plugs

Long tongs

Long target feeder

2 Long nets

Long scraper

Bag of MISC parts and pieces

MISC books,nori,salt,Rod's food

LIVESTOCK

50 + lbs. Reef sand

200 +/- Marshall/Figi rock (excellent sponges and growth)

7 RBTA

XLG Sailfin tang

PR. breeding clowns (every month like clockwork)

LG Diamond back go by

Cleaner shrimp

This is a sweet system that I have enjoyed for many years. The plumbing was set up to never have to lift a bucket. I must move to paint and recarpet. I will Dickerson, I need this gone!

I know you said you are not parting out, but if it comes down to it, I would be interested in the rock.

I think Bob would like to sell this as a whole because the items aren't easily parted out with the exception of lights and livestock. All of the equipment lwas designed to fit into this particular space and as it sits, it's a fully functioning system that requires little manual effort to do water changes.

The semi-auto water change system is quite nice and goes with the built-in RO topoff system. This system really is built to be minimal maintenance and maximum enjoyment!

• 1 month later...

NOTICE..............PRICE DROP TO $1900. COMPLETE.

Do you have any more photos of the tank?  When I click on the 3 that Rob posted originally, it says I don't have permission to view them.  I'd like to see a FTS if possible.  Can you explain how the water change system works that's so easy?  That alone is very tempting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan,  I would like to invite you to view the tank in person.  Feel free to send me an  e-mail. The price will be dropping by $100. per month until sold.

AllBbear@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

Note: Price drop $1700.

• 2 weeks later...

Fire Sale I really, really need to move the beast. See original post (August 22nd)for pictures.

Price $1500. Cash

Fire Sale I really, really need to move the beast. See original post (August 22nd)for pictures.

Price $1500. Cash

Bob: You're only allowed one getting out of the hobby thread in the non-member General forum, so I merged your last post with this thread. (I figured that you'd just lost track of where it was.)