Pez & Huly's 250DD Build

That's right you read it correctly a basement flood means a tank upgrade LOL.

Since our basement flooded out last March we decided to move a wall, and go bigger.  Go big or go home right? LOL The main damage has been repaired and the tank was delivered today (THANK YOU ERC, Coral Hind, Marco, & Richard) So here we go:

IMG_20140525_101544414_zpsssvbvoyh.jpg

IMG_20140603_163709791_zpscr9basf7.jpg

IMG_20140604_160447454_zpsdtweu1ox.jpg

It's Here!  Thank you Exotic Reef Creations!

IMG_20140705_123536072_zpsb599dptg.jpg

IMG_20140705_123835462_zpst3sbz35d.jpg

IMG_20140705_123932802_zpszgupckjh.jpg

IMG_20140705_125805581_zpsyn3yykjq.jpg

IMG_20140705_124907726_zpsgk1w1co9.jpg

We still need to build a stand and complete the construction of the fish room etc but here is the fish room.  It still has a lot of stuff from main construction but will give you an idea of what we are looking at.  Ant and all opinions welcome!

IMG_20140705_180608166_zpslgilb6an.jpg

IMG_20140705_180544018_zpsq3lyqo9n.jpg

Soon to be Utility sink/ RODI/Drain etc

IMG_20140705_180620823_zpswcutis2k.jpg

One thing we are thinking about is having a sump under the tank then on this wall mount a refugium above the top of the tank for pods etc

IMG_20140705_180633762_zpsqh44mnb2.jpg

And for the Redskin Fans on the board here is a look at how it is all coming together in the other rooms

IMG_20140703_215802_zpsbfprxnvy.jpg

IMG_20140703_211706_zpsrii9jh0t.jpg

Awesome.  I really like deep dimension tanks and the 250 sounds just about right.

Thank we love the DD too as it is just an amazing tank.  I am so excited to see that start to come together.  Our goal is to try to get it up and running by 9/14 the Redskins season opener.  That way it can cycle all football season when we don't have time anyways :)

Looks great! Can't wait to watch this come together!

Looks like a great start! Make sure you include an exhaust fan for humidity control in the room. It looks like you have a sump pump in that room. If you can make sure that the top of the sump pump cover is low and has holes in it you have a great back up for any water accidents in that room. Caulk the baseplate ( 2x4 attached to the ground below the wall), install some composite baseboard with another caulk bead along the base, and install a tall granite threshold under the door and also caulk it. Then if anything ever happens in the fish room the sumps will be able to pump it out and it won't get into the other rooms.

Good luck!

i'm excited for you guys. the 3' width makes all the difference with the DD tanks and you have a great spot with space to manage it all very nicely. look forward to helping put this together however i can. keep us updated!

Any advice, free labor, etc is always welcome ;) Also if anyone is looking at getting a DD and want to check it out you are more than welcome to stop by and look.

Small reef the tank? The Redskins? Or both? Lol

Umm the tank..the decor is very...specialized and not necessarily my favorite,lol but it's your house!

Awesome I want to get a set from RFK but they are $$$$$

Yeah it will be awhile but we are super excited to get it up and running

I'm willing to help. And by help I mean look at your tank during commercial breaks of the redskin games. Lol. Looks awesome tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see you guys Huly. Got out of salt last year myself, and just about have a new African system up and running. Tell your ole man I said Yo!

Will do!  I did not realize you were a WAMAS member.  Are y'all coming to any games in the future?

Will do!  I did not realize you were a WAMAS member.  Are y'all coming to any games in the future?

Small world, Christie. So you know Mark?

Yes we have been Redskin friends for 10 years now lol

So YHSublime got to see why we need a new tank- our Aussie Elegance lol

And he checked our the new tank/room

Pretty sure I joined in 2005 here before I moved back from CA. May have even mentioned the group to you guys long before your Saltwater days when Pez was here [at the house] and talking about how much he wanted a tank. I see you guys are hooked now ehh? :)

Do you guys need a skimmer for that new setup? I still have  some equipment left from my old 450 gallon system, and lighting as well. LMK

As far as games, I am doing one home game so far and flying to a couple away. 

Hello to everyone else out here as well. I do miss you guys, but the saltwater,,,, Not so much.

:)

All we have is the tank. We are going from an all in one to a Real system so anything helps. Also stop by check it out. We have to build an entire fish room lol