Don't forget

YHSublime

To clean your power heads and other equipment every few months. These are 2 jb-40s. You couldn't tell from the water and vinegar....

post-2633508-140123436294_thumb.jpg

My wp-25 lost a lot of power after about 1.5 months. I cleaned it w/ vinegar and it's all good. I will be doing this regularly. Good advice! Shocked you didn't notice any slowdown..or did you?

My wp-25 lost a lot of power after about 1.5 months. I cleaned it w/ vinegar and it's all good. I will be doing this regularly. Good advice! Shocked you didn't notice any slowdown..or did you?

No slow down, impellers and shafts were fairly clean. Outside casing, not so much.

WHERE'S the pump!!?? It looks like the acid's eaten it away.

Man, those must have been dirty. I like to disassemble mine when cleaning them. I also like to spin the impeller on the shaft a little - if possible, to run the pump in the cleaning solution - to make sure that I clean out any build up inside that may slow the impeller down.

WHERE'S the pump!!?? It looks like the acid's eaten it away.

Man, those must have been dirty. I like to disassemble mine when cleaning them. I also like to spin the impeller on the shaft a little - if possible, to run the pump in the cleaning solution - to make sure that I clean out any build up inside that may slow the impeller down.

It was bad. I guess it's been 6 months... Almost. I did take them apart and scrubbed with a toothbrush. They are clean as a whistle now! The impeller just had a slime coat, the outside coraline. Inside hole for the shaft was very slimy as well.

I should really do that with my Tunzes and my CS1.  Hmm.

According to Avast a hot vinegar bath every 6 months for the Cs1 is recommended.

I should really do that with my Tunzes and my CS1. Hmm.

According to Avast a hot vinegar bath every 6 months for the Cs1 is recommended.

Yeah, my skimmer is next. Just trying to work it all out before we start having visitors next week!

No slow down, impellers and shafts were fairly clean. Outside casing, not so much.

It was bad. I guess it's been 6 months... Almost. I did take them apart and scrubbed with a toothbrush. They are clean as a whistle now! The impeller just had a slime coat, the outside coraline. Inside hole for the shaft was very slimy as well.

My bet is that it slowed down but since you have at least 3 other high powered phs in your tank, you probably didn't notice the difference. My impeller had that slime coat too but otherwise looked clean except for the outside and it slowed down enough to be noticed. I only have that 1 ph so it's easier to notice. That picture is sure nasty though!

Hot vinegar?

The spicy kind.

Hot tap water with a lot of vinegar. Run the skimmer for about an hour, and rinse it all with fresh water when done.