Aptasia

Kevnjeep

Aiptasia X or Joes Juice? You should be able to get them right into the mouth without hurting your palys or zoas, just careful aim and a steady hand.

Copper Band Butterfly

That is a good solution, unless you have some high end Z&P's that the copperband gets a taste for.

Also, hit and miss!

But speaking of using natural control, I know that Ben keeps a few aiptasia eating peppermints in his tanks, that would be a solid way to go...

I've had no luck with peppermints they never seen to eat them :(.

A copperband will not be going in my tank lol. Way too much money in palys.

I'm thinking about nudabranch anybody have any luck

There are two types of peppermints, find a store that sells the kind you need, seems like the safest and easiest way IMO.

I used a DIY majano wand that worked wonders. May want to look at one of those. I need to rebuild mine as I've got one in the middle of my blastos..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can google it or try this one

http://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/385922/diy-aiptasia-zapper

Very easy to do, cheap and highly effective.

I followed this, using a piece of PVC long enough for my tank (24" deep).

If I get around to fixing it and your near me you can try it. I am hoping to do it this weekend if I can find the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by darkcirca

Sorry to say but i have tried the aiptasia zapper and found that it did not get rid of aiptaise...they came back with more babies or or released into the water column...

When i was breeder Berghia i tried the zapper in my aiptasia grow out tank and found that it did not fully kill them either

truthfully Manual removal is best where possible

I recently had 5 aptasia appear. I tried aptasia x -hard to do near zoa's. Stopped at LFS, got 2 peppermint shrimp at a friends suggestion. I did not see the shrimp for the first 3 days but I will tell you, I do not have any aptasia anymore either. The other way I have had success is if you can lift the rock that they are on you can just glue over them with coral glue in the area they are at. Good luck. There is no number 1 way - what works for some May not work for others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had little luck injecting with kalk.  Got a peppermint and every single polyp was completely gone when I woke up the day after acclimation. 

Then the shrimp died a week later, no idea why.

Then I found a lone polyp hanging out in my pump chamber.  Oh well.  Since it's attached to the glass manually removal might be possible without side effects but we'll see. 

There are two types of peppermints, find a store that sells the kind you need, seems like the safest and easiest way IMO.

Which ones should someone buy.  According to doctor fosters and smith all types eat aptasia 

I recently had 5 aptasia appear. I tried aptasia x -hard to do near zoa's. Stopped at LFS, got 2 peppermint shrimp at a friends suggestion. I did not see the shrimp for the first 3 days but I will tell you, I do not have any aptasia anymore either. The other way I have had success is if you can lift the rock that they are on you can just glue over them with coral glue in the area they are at. Good luck. There is no number 1 way - what works for some May not work for others.

just bought peppermints today from florida.  Which ones did you get.

Which ones should someone buy.  According to doctor fosters and smith all types eat aptasia 

Don't quote me on this, but I think its the Atlantic peppermints that eat them. From what I've read around the web, it's hit or miss. I also have heard, and seen firsthand, shrimps eating my zoas and palys, so once the aiptasia is gone, know it's a possibility.

Don't quote me on this, but I think its the Atlantic peppermints that eat them. From what I've read around the web, it's hit or miss. I also have heard, and seen firsthand, shrimps eating my zoas and palys, so once the aiptasia is gone, know it's a possibility.

Hey man, Lysmata seticaudata is the peppermint shrimp you want and it's NEVER an issue getting them on this side of the country. In fact, I challenge you to find a non Lysmata seticaudata over here. The issue is,Lysmata seticaudata don't always eat aiptasia. 

I apologize as I am not certain as to the type. I asked my LFS which one to get that eats aptasia and they sold me two. I too have heard that sometimes frogspawn can become victim to the shrimp as well. Like before there is always a cause and a effect. No exact answer.