Help mounting jebao ph

motti

I got 4 jebao power heads 2 wp-40 and 2 wp-60.

I am unable to use the magnet on the side panels because they are not strong enough. I found out that I could mount them to the top bracing and I actually like how it looks.

The new issue is that the pump would sit right at the water level and maybe aninch or so above... So I need some creative way of bringing it like 2-3" inches down.

Ideas anyone?

Posted Image

I have a couple tunze magnets if you want to buy them. I'm waiting for Lewis black to start but can get though more info when i get home if you want

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think you'll need more than 3", especially with the 60's. My 40's can't be within about 4-5" without making that underwater tornado thing. I keep mine about 6".

why not use a sea-sweep? might need some adaption to the jebao but it's been done without too much fuss before. especially if mounting to the top.

I was thinking about glueing it to 3/4 PVC and placing 4 bulkheads on the top. I tried using PVC cement but it didn't hold.

Honestly, I think you'll need more than 3", especially with the 60's. My 40's can't be within about 4-5" without making that underwater tornado thing. I keep mine about 6".

Yes I know I was testing it with wp-10 on the frag tank lol.

If doing the eurobrace mount you could look into a sheild like Pico-aquariums sells for mp10s...probably custom and experimental though

Or drill the eurobrace and install bukkheads...run your power through custom pvc/plastic mounts that attach to your bulkhead in the eurobrace. Think I saw someone do something similar with tunzes but he went through the tank's side. I have no idea how he got his power plugs in and out without getting wet, but your exit point would be higher and easier to disassemble keeping outlet plugs dry. Maintenance may still be a pain, but could be cool too

Or drill the eurobrace and install bukkheads...run your power through custom pvc/plastic mounts that attach to your bulkhead in the eurobrace. Think I saw someone do something similar with tunzes but he went through the tank's side. I have no idea how he got his power plugs in and out without getting wet, but your exit point would be higher and easier to disassemble keeping outlet plugs dry. Maintenance may still be a pain, but could be cool too

Any idea where to get those custom  pvc/plastic mounts? :)  I have no problem drilling the eurobrace, i believe it will look nicer that way.

I tried glueing 3/4 pvc coupler to the outside magnet, tested it a little in a bath tab on the highest setting and it seems to hold.

No chance I would trust that. Glue won't hold up to the constant on off, that thing would be motor boating all over your tank within the month.

Sorry meant to say I used PVC cement to 'glue' it. I m going to stress test it in my water mixing container for the next week it two to see how it works ovettime

Sorry meant to say I used PVC cement to 'glue' it. I m going to stress test it in my water mixing container for the next week it two to see how it works ovettime

PVC cement is not much better when glueing that way. While a pipe glued into another pipe may never be able to be pulled apart, I'm willing to bet very little force is necessary to snap your glue point.

I don't really have any better suggestions, just hate to see what would happen when one of those bad boys starts whipping around your tank and smashing all your corals.

if you end up needing the stronger magnet I have a set of the Tunze 6205.500 which are good for up to 1.06 inch

Trying to avoid the magnet route for now, seems like sea sweep have the right brackets but they only sell them as part of the sea sweep package

Thanks all.

seems like the magnets work better when there is water in the tank  :clap:

But I might still be interested in those extra tunze magnets, pm sent.

these bad boys are super powerful. got the two wp-60 on each side of the tank (7'), they stir sand all around the place.... only got one 40 on the back now... going to write a custom code to control their speed. even with the setting set to 50% they are still too powerful.