Meeting thanks...

dbartco

Feel a little thanks are needed for the new officers. They did a great time organizing for their first official meeting together with the new board.  Personally I found it nice to speak with at number of other members instead of running hastily around.  Been a while since I was able to do that guilt free. Thanks for jumping over to the dark side and giving up your time to volunteer. Good-on-ya.

I didn't win anything in the raffle, so I'd just like to post a generic "Thank you"to the vendors that donated as well. Your sponsorship keeps me coming in to your stores.

Doug Arthur

Ex-

I wanted to say thanks to whoever donated the dry rock. It came from the National Aquarium in DC if I have my facts straight.  I don't believe I've ever won a raffle so I was pretty surprised that I won not 1 but 2 boxes of rock! Anyway, I weighed all the rock and it was 55lbs!!! Needless to say I'm pretty excited. Might have to set up another tank...

Thanks to everyone who set the meeting up and volunteered their time. Thanks to all the vendors who showed up and took the time to set up displays to sell livestock. Thanks to the vendors who donated items for the raffle. This was my first meeting and I really enjoyed it.

I'll offer a thanks as well from a personal perspective. As Membership Director, I worked the door and raffle ticket sales for most every  meeting for the last 4-1/2 years. While I was able to meet just about every member that way, the encounter was often brief, and I missed a lot of what most speakers that we brought in had to say. That's a part of the job that most people don't realize - that these volunteers miss a lot of what people are coming to see. First and foremost, thank you to Jenn, Scott and Hilary for working the door, getting supplies and the food and drink, selling raffle tickets, etc. Thanks, Dave, for getting the raffle table set up.

Thank you, Doug, for getting the AV set up (and all of the other behind-the-scenes work that goes on and that people never really see).

Thank you vendors and members who were selling stuff. Set up went smooth and, for the most part, clean up was complete.

Thank you to the sponsors for all of the great raffle prizes and for your continued support.

And, thank you to all those that took the time to come out on Saturday. It's you guys that make this sort of event a success, and which builds WAMAS' reputation as one of the best, most active local marine clubs in the nation. I hope that you enjoyed the experience and the talk. I can't remember laughing as much at any WAMAS meeting - Mitch did a great job.

Thanks guys! And big thanks to Scott and Hillary for helping me at the door....i would have drowned without you.....

It was great to put a face to screen names and also prove you're never too old for a dum dum....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You guys must have been doing a great job.  I never saw a big line and there were like a thousand people in that hallway. 

For the next meeting there, the officers should show up early and remove all the lockers please. 8)

I would like to say thanks to all the members of WAMAS that not only help organize and set up the meeting but also to the members whom all attended. It was a great turn out. I am a fairly new AGAIN member of WAMAS. I have attended a couple meetings in the past before rejoining the WAMAS family a second time( I took a break for a few years before rejoining last November).

I also would like to thank all the vendors that dedicated their time and/or raffle items to help make our meeting a success.

I was the winner of two gift certificates( Premium Aquatics/ and Incredible Corals)WooHoo!  I have never won anything before in the raffles. The guest speaker(Mitch Carl) was hilariously informative and I would like to thank you for such great information and for keeping us all interested.

THANKS WAMAS FAMILY you are the best!!!

I wanted to say thanks to whoever donated the dry rock. It came from the National Aquarium in DC if I have my facts straight.  I don't believe I've ever won a raffle so I was pretty surprised that I won not 1 but 2 boxes of rock! Anyway, I weighed all the rock and it was 55lbs!!! Needless to say I'm pretty excited. Might have to set up another tank...

Thanks to everyone who set the meeting up and volunteered their time. Thanks to all the vendors who showed up and took the time to set up displays to sell livestock. Thanks to the vendors who donated items for the raffle. This was my first meeting and I really enjoyed it.

Dave Lin, WAMAS VP, was one of Ass't Operations Director at NADC when it shut down. He obtained the rock and donated it to the raffle. Put it to good use now!

Thanks everyone who donated!!

And Thanks to all the officers and volunteers who spent hours out of their free time putting this together.

It's amazing how fast everyone moves around. I was trying to read people's name tags to see who they were and by the time I looked into the tag and looked up to smile and say hey they were gone and I was trying to catch the next name tag.

As a new member, I had a very different vision in my head of what the meeting would be. I was completely surprised at how well-run it was, at the attendance, the HILARIOUS speaker, and at the vendors that were there. WAMAS continues to impress me!  I'm very happy I went to this meeting, and I will certainly be coming to the next one.

It was great meeting everyone and getting to put faces to screennames. Thanks to everyone for your help at the meeting! 

Great job WAMAS!

(edited)

big hand to Mitch Carl (hilarious) and every officer and anyone who helped with this meeting...and others as well. oakton HS is probably the better meeting place IMO since there is good separation of vendors and speakers. i picked up some of the donated LR 2 meetings ago and was hoping for more... but oh well... i have been here for a while and it was good to see some faces from years ago. the raffle donations are great and i get anxious to see whats on the table every meeting. 

Edited by GaryL