5 More Days in the QT

Jesse

Hi All,

I wanted to share some of my new additions to my 300 gallon DT.  They have 5 more days in quarantine before moving into their new home.  They have all been healthy, happy and eating well since their arrival.

I have to say I am anxiously waiting for them to be in the DT.

Jesse

20140326-300Gallon-_D7K4557_zpsbf6e7cc0.

20140326-300Gallon-_D7K4582_zpsc7f00c9e.

20140326-300Gallon-_D7K4554_zps21156d42.

20140326-300Gallon-_D7K4551_zps83dcb22d.

20140326-300Gallon-_D7K4550_zps069b44f3.

I just haven't gotten into the forum much, but thought I would share these fun additions…I have a hard time breaking away from the tank and family (whenever I am not working) to find time to sit at the computer.

Jesse - I am closely following updates of your Goldflake Angels. They absolutely stunning. 

I just haven't gotten into the forum much, but thought I would share these fun additions…I have a hard time breaking away from the tank and family (whenever I am not working) to find time to sit at the computer.

I completely understand. Thanks for sharing these gems! Any pictures of your tank?

Here is a picture of the tank.  This is a new build that has only been running for 6 weeks, so please be kind with the comments.  :-)

20140326-300Gallon-_D7K4589_zpsb7be3dc2.

Here is the sump and fugue in my "fish room"

20140303-300Gallon-ThreeWeeks-_D7K3957_z

20140303-300Gallon-ThreeWeeks-_D7K3949_z

Very nice! You should consider a build thread if you have a little bit of time!

Very nice indeed.

Thanks all! Yes, I am chomping at the bit to get them in. I am considering leaving the black tang in the 75 gallon QT for a while to let it grow up. He is pretty small. I don't have any other zebrasomas in the DT, so he should be fine either way.

Beautiful, tank, fish and set up. May I ask where you found a rare black tang?

He came from a wholesaler in CA. Luckily I have a friend that can help me source some fun fish and corals.

gorgeous fish...good luck with it!! 

Tank all cycled and ready to go? Since this is a new tank was there one prior?

You are going to have to do what the rest of us do and sit in front of the tank and get on the computer....you have piqued all of our curiosity with your beautiful set up and now you are going to have to feed us LOL....

Beautiful fish and display!!!! Thank you so much for quarantining.

There is no other option in my book.

I have them in quarantine for at least 4 weeks.

All fish and corals in my system go through quarantine.

Current Tank - 400 Gallon Mr. Saltwater Tank Designed and Built System, 300g Display, Fish Room with 55 Gallon Sump, 50 Gallon Fuge and Separate Fish and Coral Quarantine Tanks

(edited)
Nice looking fish. What other plans do you have for your tank?

I don't have anything big planned. I have a few other pairs or small schools of fish. Corals are slowly being added. Otherwise it is just time to sit back and enjoy.

Edited by Jesse

gorgeous fish...good luck with it!!

Tank all cycled and ready to go? Since this is a new tank was there one prior?

You are going to have to do what the rest of us do and sit in front of the tank and get on the computer....you have piqued all of our curiosity with your beautiful set up and now you are going to have to feed us LOL....

Yes, there were prior tanks. This is the first one on a larger scale, though. The last one was a 90.

I will try to post some pictures from time to time.

Current Tank - 400 Gallon Mr. Saltwater Tank Designed and Built System, 300g Display, Fish Room with 55 Gallon Sump, 50 Gallon Fuge and Separate Fish and Coral Quarantine Tanks

i spy a purple tang and what looks like a 6 line wrasse as welll

whats the fishlist gonna be?

looks great

Thank you!

Good eye you have.  The purple tang gets along so well with the Goldflakes as well as every other fish he has been with.  I hate to see him go, but I am a little nervous putting him in with the Black Tang.  Therefore I will be selling him.  Same goes with the 6-line.  I have some other wrasses that I have gone with and decided to sell him, as well.  

Same goes with the 6-line.  I have some other wrasses that I have gone with and decided to sell him, as well

yeah, i don't see any way mark (give his experiences) would encourage keeping that one. most really are pure evil, haha. great job deciding to qt your corals and fish. can we get photos of those systems? thanks for posting up and sharing. it always helps and inspires more folks than one can imagine.