A Sneak Peek, at My New Tank... :)

TheyCallMeMr.703

I have been very busy, and have Tons of pictures, and will be doing a new build thread here shortly, once everything slows down, Mid-week.
 90g DT, 55g (DIY) Sump... :tongue:

Still have to add sand tonight, and more water tomorrow, and it'll be running tomorrow evening... Finally.. :blast:

I think I'm pretty happy with my rockwork, Although there is still some ''extra'' rock scattered about that I will play with more tonight.... But, I'm really feeling this, lots of room for SPS on top, LPS and softies on the bottom and in between.  This will be a Mixed Reef, SPS-Acro Dominant.   

What do you all think???12763199594_0e98f0d972.jpg

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

I second that!

Love the arch...but I feel the left knife/pile is to far to the side and back... But that may be just the angle of the picture...

The aquascaping guru. Smallreef will guide you in the right direction as she did on my build.

I suggest you take a hammer/chisel, and start making some smaller rocks to work with for the left side. Think more horizontal rather than vertical. Aka more room for corals!

Make sure none of your rocks are leaning against the back glass. Bring them forward a couple of inches. Makes it much easier to clean, and won't put stress on the glass. Use epoxy if needed to hold the rock structure together.

One last suggestion - take your time. :)

I second that!

Love the arch...but I feel the left knife/pile is to far to the side and back... But that may be just the angle of the picture...

Also, is that arch glued together or just stacked? Would hate to see that thing topple!

The aquascaping guru. Smallreef will guide you in the right direction as she did on my build.

I suggest you take a hammer/chisel, and start making some smaller rocks to work with for the left side. Think more horizontal rather than vertical. Aka more room for corals!

Make sure none of your rocks are leaning against the back glass. Bring them forward a couple of inches. Makes it much easier to clean, and won't put stress on the glass. Use epoxy if needed to hold the rock structure together.

One last suggestion - take your time. :)

I have stacked them, Very Flat, Heavy pieces on the bottom...

IT is a VERY Solid structure, No Epoxy was needed, but I will have a pistol shrimp, so... there is some Epoxy, Here and There. :) Only in a few spots tho',  to help hold it together over time...

One step ahead of yah' also. ;) Complete Room on the back, for cleaning, and water movement, '' No dead spots'' 

I still have to put some small rocks here and there to fill in the ''KnifeRockPile'', to hide the plumbing a lil' better.    Lol I think I may do a Very Thin, Skinny, Tall pillar in the back middle, to add more depth..   Here's and Update shot... :). 12772902525_06ef14150f.jpg12773375974_4d0321dd12.jpg and no reason to use a Chisel on this one. I got Tons of Rubble,lol.

How exciting!  It is fun to play with the rock.  If it were me, I would probably ditch the rubble in the front (or hide it in the sump if you want to keep it for later) and leave some open space for your corals.  I don't think you need the back center tower (put a softie there instead) or the top rock on the left side either.  I only say that because when you add coral it may get crowded pretty fast (and I also love open sand with a nice fat cynarina on it!).  I tend to prefer simpler though, with room to grow.

I agree that the right structure probably needs a good bit of epoxy.  Even if it seems sturdy, it looks like one move and the whole thing might topple.

sry, yeha'. Most of the stuff on the ground is coming out... I'm just still tweaking it some.... which is why it is there. This tank will be a nice sandbed, as you like also. My Goby will have a Blast in this new tank, for sure.:)

And the "Space'' thing, I agree, which is why I left room between the Main Pillar, and the Arch. Room to let my Arco colonies grow out... I can see it now... :)

Why don't you start a build thread?

I intend to sometime this week, probably tomorrow, or this evening. Once everything slows down a bit, and most of everything is in place as well..   Got Tons of pictures...lol

Nice arch, Mason. A common mistake with some rock work is piling it too high. It makes for a full look to start, but leaves less room for growth. It's hard for me to tell from your pictures where your final water level will be, so just tossing this out there as something to be mindful of at the outset.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

Nice arch, Mason. A common mistake with some rock work is piling it too high. It makes for a full look to start, but leaves less room for growth. It's hard for me to tell from your pictures where your final water level will be, so just tossing this out there as something to be mindful of at the outset.

+1

Once the acro's start growing they will be at the water line before you know it. Made this mistake at the start of my 90. I'd lower the structures some if you can. 

i really like that arch on the right. leaving room for growth is hard at the onset sometimes in design as it isn't always the most aesthetically pleasing result early on but once corals are mounted and growing it's a phenomenal look.

+1

Once the acro's start growing they will be at the water line before you know it. Made this mistake at the start of my 90. I'd lower the structures some if you can. 

i really like that arch on the right. leaving room for growth is hard at the onset sometimes in design as it isn't always the most aesthetically pleasing result early on but once corals are mounted and growing it's a phenomenal look.

Thanks Guys, :happy:.

When building, I did try to take into consideration of the Various Heights, of the Various SPS that will grow on top and throughout, Now and in the Future.... I think I ''estimated'' about right, or got lucky with the height, as this looks pretty good to me, And was only my 2nd Attempt at making The Arch... They fell into place. ;)

Also. Looking at it empty. Is still so Beautiful, I can see a fully stocked reef... in my mind. :tongue: 

Here, It is full of water, up and running finally...12786120855_25e43c5a31.jpg

12786551874_c37f0aa3af.jpg 12786115765_f200415df6_b.jpg(Corals and Fish, Coming Soon)

I tried to leave some '' extra '' room, on top, After the SPS are fully grown; to allow there to still be a nice reflection line, giving the appearance of greater depth. Woo. So glad to be done. Just got to add more water, and play with the Skimmer some as the rocks settle and the new Biological system starts back up, and falls into place...