Hello from Richmond

Hello fellow reefers, 

My name is Masood and I've been in the hobby for about 4 years now. Currently I have a 125(Zoa & Paly dominated), 30 gallon JBJ rimless (Anemone & Clown fish) and most important is my always running 40 breeder quarantine tank.

I'm a member on Richmond Reefers and some of the other well know reefing forums.

I wanted to see what the northern reefers are all up to so here I am. 

Looking forward to seeing all the different tanks on here and learning more about the hobby from a new group of reef lovers.

Cheers

Welcome Bro. Did you bring any gifts from Reef Chief's? LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Welcome !!!

If you join our club you will have access to all of our forum and it will enable you to take advantage of the members only sections...great deals on corals, fish, equipment and help at all hours and some of our sponsors offer discounts to our members we have both LFS (we have excellent ones up here...worth the drive!) and also sponsors that are internet based....it is $20 well spent. We are a very active club so, please come join us and just jump right in...but as you have already seen, the rite of passage around here is you have to post pics of your tanks LOL...they won't let you get away with not doing it, so might as well post away  :laugh:

When you say "northern reefers" I think of Canada.  But I see how driving up I-95 for an hour and a half seems like a change in culture from the more easygoing southern latitudes.  We here in the DC area aren't quite as high pressure as a little higher up in the northeast corridor but our reputation is probably well earned.   We would enjoy having you in our little group.  With your tank description and a good QT setup, you don't sound like any beginner!

Masood, what happened?! You didn't even give us a chance!

When you say "northern reefers" I think of Canada. But I see how driving up I-95 for an hour and a half seems like a change in culture from the more easygoing southern latitudes. We here in the DC area aren't quite as high pressure as a little higher up in the northeast corridor but our reputation is probably well earned. We would enjoy having you in our little group. With your tank description and a good QT setup, you don't sound like any beginner!

What ive learned being on wamas and rrc. And I live near ap hill. The richmond croud does not like to go north of 295 to much. A few do but not many. Ive personally met a few of you between at IC or the fragfest. You guys seem cool to me. Especially for northeners. (:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

What ive learned being on wamas and rrc. And I live near ap hill. The richmond croud does not like to go north of 295 to much. A few do but not many. Ive personally met a few of you between at IC or the fragfest. You guys seem cool to me. Especially for northeners. (:

I went to VCU, and most of the Richmond crowd that I know does not like to leave Richmond in general.

I went to VCU, and most of the Richmond crowd that I know does not like to leave Richmond in general.

I look at it as im in the middle so a hour south or a hour and 30 to get to IC. I like variety so I travel north sometimes. Plus Brutus is a treat. But yea ive had 2 reef get togethers at my house and the southern folks are hard to get north

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Masood! Come back, I want to see pictures of your zoa dominated 125!