Setting up first 8 gallon nano tank

dano

Hi,

My dad has been a member with wamas for a long time. I'm his 11 year old son. I wanted to setup a small tank. He has a 8 gallon biocube that has been sitting around the house for while. I am planing on setting that up and I need some stock for it. I was wondering if anybody had some small fish that they are selling. If anybody has a recommendation for any fish that would be very helpful and if anybody has experience with this tank that has ideas about how to set the tank up. I planing to have a rock some corals and some small fish. I was wondering if it was I good idea to have an anemone in this tank.  

Thanks,

Adin

Adin

I'm sure a bunch of people will chime in, but u could use a Par 38 LED if you want an anemone and I would put two small clowns in the tank. Not much more since its only 8 gallons.

Just do weekly water changes and don't feed to heavy. I think the tank would look great.

Allow your tank to run without any corals until all parameters are in check. Your dad can help you with that. Like mentioned above 2 clowns is more than enough and you can add as much corals as you want.

Have fun!

Edited by kjamaya

Zoa's and maybe a colt coral might work well to add some color and motion to a tank like this. You might not even need the extra light boost advisable for an anemone.

Guessing since this is in the sale area you're looking to buy stuff? I've got lots of rock for a tank that size,. Super cheap too.

Welcome to wamas!