pull the trigger or pass it on, 500 gallon atm tank

pizzaguy

So, I don't need another tank but thus is almost to ggod to pass up. I found a atm 500 gallon acrylic tank in good shape with there fake coral inserts. Guy said he paid 10,000 for the tank and 1,700 for the coral insert. I can get it for $650.00 opinions anyone??

And you are thinking ? The only thing that would keep me from getting it is space and the shape the tank is in.

It 8ft long 4ft tall 2 ft wide. Overall in good shape. Few small scratches. I've never seen acrylic that thick I'm my entire life. Said it weighs 1,400 lbs empty.

Dude! Freakin' get it, pull out the fake crap insert, and make that one bada$$ real reef tank that those hacks on "Tanked" could never hope to accomplish!

.....Lol

Sorry for all the mispells. Wonderful cell phone and fat fingers

Do what the wife says.. Ha ha.... but seriously, I just can't fathom the time it takes to maintain a reef tank of that size. I'd have to retire and have kids out of the house! Lol. Nice problem to have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I would get it and then get adam to mod it so it can be 2 feet tall and 4 feet in width. That would make a kicka$$ tank. Wish I had space for something like that.

The guy used it as a wall basically viewable from both sides. I didn't measure but the sides are at least 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" thick. Also comes with a 8ft t-5 setup, old school sump setup and a magnet cleaner strong enough for those walls.

That's the plan. I'm thinking about it. If I don't get you all or anyone else here can have it. I have a pic on my cell phone. No clue how to post a pic from my cell. Anyone I can text the pic to that can post it for me?

You lost me at acrylic... But I know I'm way too lazy and absent minded for acrylic :)

I'm kinda with Ron on this one.  My arms aren't long enough for a 4' tank...

But hey, it is a killer deal so you should seriously think about getting it.  Hey just realized Adam could cut it in half and you could have 2 8x2x2 rimless lookdowns. :tongue:

I'm kinda with Ron on this one.  My arms aren't long enough for a 4' tank...

But hey, it is a killer deal so you should seriously think about getting it.  Hey just realized Adam could cut it in half and you could have 2 8x2x2 rimless lookdowns. :tongue:

My arms are long enough for a 4' tank, provided I have on swim trunks and am equipped with a snorkel

I like the idea of Adam cutting it in half for me. How about a quote on that Adam. Please. 4ft tall would be a real pain for a reef but not nearly as bad for a fowlr.