Circulation and lighting for 180

Shoelace

Hi guys. I'm in the planning phases for my 180 rebuild. I'm trying to get good equipment without breaking the bank. So far, I'm thinking two ReefBreeders Photon32s and two Jebao WP40's. Does this sound ok?

Would 3 Photon16s be better with the braces and two Jebao WP25's?

(I guess I really want 3 Radion Pro's and two MP40s, but boss would not like that, lol.)

Not sure about the one with the controller, you are probably right. Though I thought they had one coming out this month. The S026 is different than the evergrows...though I can't vouch for it actually being better quite yet. The Photons are a nice choice too.

On my 150 I am running two JB-40's, I have an MP40 (turned off right now) and two evergrow IT2080's. The lights would be more than enough for your 180, and with two wp-40's, you could hit both for under a grand. You're welcome to check out my setup.

Thanks, that sounds like a good plan.  Although the 4 x WP25's sounds intriguing.  Any thoughts on that?  It would be a bit more expensive.

The WP-25 will push water clear across the 6' tank. However it's not that wide of a pattern. Thats why I would go with 4. Also they are much smaller then the 40's which I also like

Thanks, Ashley. I think OceanRevive and ReefBreeders are both resellers of the same Evergrow fixtures.

Sorry to hijack but instead of staring a new thread..

If reefbreeders are resellers who is the direct source? There's quite a few different retailers all with somewhat different pricing

Sorry to hijack but instead of staring a new thread..

If reefbreeders are resellers who is the direct source? There's quite a few different retailers all with somewhat different pricing

I believe it's Evergrow

So you have to get them from a reseller? I can't seem to find an Evergrow website.

Pm monkiboy or ERC

I would stick with 2 WP40.  I have a WP40 and a WP25 both at full blast in my 90.  The WP25 is louder though, especially as it cycles through "else" mode.  The WP40 is nearly silent.

Also like your choice of lights.  I run the Reef Breeders Photon48 in my SPS dominated tank, and all is well so far.  I'm not going to get into the T5 vs MH vs LED arguement, but I can say that the Photon48 does what I want.

What have you decided about lights? I was thinking either 2 Photon 32's or 4 of the D120's mounted sideways on my 180

I haven't quite figured it out yet.  There are a couple of threads at RC where people said go with the 2 Photon32's (or equivalent Evergrow) since the total number of LEDs will be greater than 3 Photon16's and the price will be less.  Although probably out of my price range, I am still sort of holding out to see the Hydra 52.  It would be nice to have full control with Apex Fusion.

I would stick with 2 WP40.  I have a WP40 and a WP25 both at full blast in my 90.  The WP25 is louder though, especially as it cycles through "else" mode.  The WP40 is nearly silent.

Also like your choice of lights.  I run the Reef Breeders Photon48 in my SPS dominated tank, and all is well so far.  I'm not going to get into the T5 vs MH vs LED arguement, but I can say that the Photon48 does what I want.

Ooh, that's the most convincing reason for me so far.  I like quiet.  4 WP 25's will be quite a bit more expensive, too.