Get ready to be blown away

Squishie89

I backed a project on kickstarter for a microscope phone lens. I received the item yesterday and took pictures tonight. The lens is a small creation out of silicone that just sticks onto your cell phone camera with no adhesive. It has the shallowest depth of field you could ever think of, so for taking pictures in the aquarium, can only take pictures of things on the glass. But enough talk, here are some pictures.
k3ky.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This critter was unexpected. It is some kind of flatworm. I could not catch it and am actually quite concerned about it.
8fse.jpg

Run of the mill white flatworm

4t84.jpg

Limpet
amq7.jpg

Copepod

ubap.jpg

Last but not least, my favorite, an isopod

I know some of these are not the absolute best, but I just got this and am still practicing.
In case you are curious about the item, here is the facebook website (he is still fulfilling kickstarter orders but expects the lenses to be available for sale soon) and they are not expensive, I believe one lens, with a carrying case, was $15. https://www.facebook.com/MicroPhoneLens

That last image! That's what's I've been trying to ID. Whats an isopod?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Update for those of you wanting lenses!
" I hope to make lenses available for purchase sometime in the near future, but for the time being I've set up a pre-ordering system. Lenses pre-ordered this way will ship sometime in November

The system works using software from a company called Celery that is totally secure, and you won't be charged until your order is ready to ship. 

You can pre-order here.

If you enter in the promo code "ks2013mpl" you'll receive 10% off any lenses that you order. This discount is a mere token of my appreciation and is the least I can do, feel free to share it with your friends. It'll be good for at least a week from today.

Why am I waiting until November to ship? Well, there are a few minor issues with the manufacturing and shipping process that I'm not satisfied with. I'd like to make sure I have a sustainable way of fulfilling orders in place first."