Just visited BRK

sachabballi reef

Awesome! I'll be by to grab some but this weekend is out for me...i have thirty 5 yr Olds descending on my house for a birthday party for my son....save me a couple lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Awesome! I'll be by to grab some but this weekend is out for me...i have thirty 5 yr Olds descending on my house for a birthday party for my son....save me a couple lolSent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

That was me last weekend, except it was 5 year old girls and boys at Pump It Up. Does that mean I should go check out goodies too?

That was me last weekend, except it was 5 year old girls and boys at Pump It Up. Does that mean I should go check out goodies too?

LOL I went on a pump it up strike this year....because every time I went all the kids would talk me into going into the jumpy things with them....I ended up in that one with the balls in massive dodge ball fights...all of them against me until I was a sweaty mess and begging for mercy LOL

You should definitely check it out!  

In NC we always did monthly orders of them in bulk. I will find the old source and let you know.  Just wash em, put em in fridge and you have fresh food for a while. (for the fish!)

Blackworm sources:

Dan Garcia.  www.aquaticfoods.com  He grows them in fish-free ponds, whereas many other sources harvest them from fish farm waste settling ponds.  Shipping cost makes them pricey if you just get a couple pounds, but if you can order 6 pounds or more it gets reasonable.

Also check with Craig Shaubach at Eastern Aquatics in PA - much closer to DC. (http://shop.easternaquatics.com/Both have excellent quality worms, (usually).

• 2 weeks later...

I hear PaulB breeds them.....

Paul B doesn't breed the worms, they breed all by themselves, but not in quantities that I need to use every day.  But I have two sources right near my home so I buy them every couple of weeks.  The store I usually go to to buy livestock does not carry them so I go there for fish and then go to the other place for worms. 

If it were not for live blackworms, I would not be in this hobby.

Fish Town in Bayside and a friend of mine Pet Barn in Franklin Square.

I will probably go there today.  Where do you live?

Edited by paul b