Another food making party

JMsAquarium

Anyone interested in doing a food making party? When and where can be discussed at a later stage. For now, I am trying to figure out if anyone is interested or not.

Thanks

JM

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am interested!

John

Anyone interested in doing a food making party? When and where can be discussed at a later stage. For now, I am trying to figure out if anyone is interested or not.

Thanks

JM

46058[/snapback]

I'll be out in about a month or two from my last batch.

Can't believe that was in early May!

I need to order a block of Cyclopeeze ASAP also.

Can we shoot to do this by late Jan timeframe at the latest

?

Jehmco.com http://www.jehmco.com/

was the last place we purchased Cyclopeeze, Mysis, etc from before!

Cost as of today:

DEEP FROZEN Cyclop-eeze 750 grams* (1.6 LBS.)Block 1 block 39.95

2 blocks $35.75 4 blocks $32.25

FZMYS-2.5K Frozen Mysis, (Mysis relicta) 2.5 kilo (~5.5 LBS.) $30.25

2 blocks $27.50 4 blocks $24.75

Johnny, Can you get these at similiar pricing for bulk???

Howard

Jehmco.com http://www.jehmco.com/

was the last place we purchased Cyclopeeze, Mysis, etc from before!

Cost as of today:

DEEP FROZEN  Cyclop-eeze 750 grams* (1.6 LBS.)Block 1 block 39.95 

2 blocks  $35.75    4 blocks  $32.25

FZMYS-2.5K Frozen Mysis, (Mysis relicta) 2.5 kilo (~5.5 LBS.)  $30.25

2 blocks $27.50      4 blocks $24.75

Johnny, Can you get these at similiar pricing for bulk???

Howard

46088[/snapback]

This would be a great question for the ask a vendor forum. We have that forum, we should try to use it.

BB

Howard, Steve and others.

Have you considered talking to Johnny (Blue Ribbon Koi) and see if he can get the cyclopeez and Mysis shrimps blocks on a bulk order and perhaps be less expensive than this other palce?

"Johnny, Can you get these at similiar pricing for bulk???"

"Johnny, Can you get these at similiar pricing for bulk???"

46195[/snapback]

Guy please don't assume I read all the posts, I can not. This one was sent to me as a link in an email, I would have never answered because I didn't see it! Beltway bandit posted it in the vendor question area, that I do keep up on. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the PM's.

I will find out if I can mett these prices and post in the vendor area.

John

Guy please don't assume I read all the posts, I can not.  This one was sent to me as a link in an email, I would have never answered because I didn't see it!  Beltway bandit posted it in the vendor question area, that I do keep up on.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with the PM's.

I will find out if I can mett these prices and post in the vendor area.

John

46198[/snapback]

Just let your inbox fill up and people won't be able to send you any more! :idea2:

(edited)

All right, so let's start working on this, shall we? I suggest that whomever is interested just copy and paste this list and add his/her name to it, same for the ingredients.

Who's participating

JMsAquarium

jwildman

rioreef

HowardofNOVA

Ne0eN

What we need

Cyclopeeze

Mysis shrimps

Golden Pearls

Selcon

Spirulina powder

Fresh fish

When?

Jan or Feb?

Where

Edited by JMsAquarium

January - January - January :2thumbsup:

Who's participating

JMsAquarium

jwildman

rioreef

HowardofNOVA

Ne0eN

stevil

I'm interested - considering I have no food... (no critters yet either though).

Have you all thought of using Evite for coordinating these kinds of things? I've noticed a few threads trying to coordinate time/place/who's in/out/maybe/what-should-we-all-bring and Evite is pretty good for that.

I threw together an example (not sure if it will work) here.

Seems an interesting concept.

Now as for where, it will be at my place. After yesterday's success, we have been invited by my wife :2thumbsup: (yes, I have been invited as well :D )

I'm completely out of cyclopeeze and would like to order some ASAP. BUT want to coordinate this with this party (Which BTW, Stevil nice find on the Evite, but to not confuse the issues and going back and forth from one site to another, IMHO, would recommend we just use the WAMAS site to do that).

I will start another post on JEHMCO order for the 3JAN if anyone wants to pre-party order. Can we set a target date to do this? I'm running low on everything.

Howard

I'm completely out of cyclopeeze and would like to order some ASAP. BUT want to coordinate this with this party (Which BTW, Stevil nice find on the Evite, but to not confuse the issues and going back and forth from one site to another, IMHO, would recommend we just use the WAMAS site to do that).

I will start another post on JEHMCO order for the 3JAN if anyone wants to pre-party order. Can we set a target date to do this? I'm running low on everything.

Howard

46502[/snapback]

Howard,

John at BRK will match the price for the cyclop-eeze. BeltwayBandit posted the question in Ask a Vendor, it would be worth gviing him a list of all the goods we need to order and see what he offers.

As for the date, it will have to be after the Kalk reactor party

I'm interested as well, though I'm in the same boat as Stevil....no critters yet.....heck...........now that I think about it I don't even have a running tank yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, it should be set up in running, with cured live rock by mid January. So, I'm in!

Zac

Zac, Stevil

regardless if you don't have critters now, you will eventually, right? It will be a great opportunity to meet other members and experience the food making process. You can always take the food and put it in the freezer making sure later on you don't mistake it for a meal :D , and when you get your own livestock down the road you don't have to worry about food cause it is already in your freezer. Trust me, I rather give my livestock these prepared food than pollute my tanks with those flakes and preservatives.... :P if you know what I mean..

Updating the list for those who have expressed interest

Who's participating

JMsAquarium

jwildman

rioreef

HowardofNOVA

Ne0eN

stevil

zmalexander

Jon Lazar

discordja

Do we get to sample the food as we make it?  Regardless, I'm in.

Jon

46599[/snapback]

Jon,

You are more than welcome to eat some and let us know if we are on the right track :lol:

Jon

Thinking of it, you are right. It is made of raw shrimps, salmon fish, grouper fish, Chinese algae, scallops, vitamins, oyster eggs, phytoplankton, squid, and something else I can