Accident.

Joshifer

This sounds like total B.S. even I don't believe it.

So. The return tube on the nano came apart from the pump (I swear I wasn't near the tank)

So I rushed to unplug everything to avoid a fire hazard. And my wife being a germaphobe began washing the tank water off the wall with a rag with some sort of cleaner. Lysol something anti bacterial.

And accidentally drops the rag in the nano. I rush in bear handed and pluck the clown out and stick him and hermits in a tub I was mixing salt and RO I had sitting under the tank. (Same temp and SG as nano) obviously he can't live In there very long but he seems fine. It's been about 3 hours so far. I fed him he and the crabs ate in there so I guess I got him out quick enough. No signs of heavy breathing or stress.

Do I do a PWC in the 30 and start acclimating them ? I don't think I have any other choice. Nitrates are a little high their either 20 or 40 PPM I can't make out the color card. But the ammonia a and nitrites are 0

There really is no other choice...but yes...

And keep your wife away from the tanks! No cleaners near and def. not able to drop in the tank..

There have been MANY instances of people cleaning/ cleaning people near tanks killing everything because of using windex, Lysol and other cleaners that get into the water...

They will be fine for a while I would stop feeding. Your dirtying up the water

Get a poly pad...if you don't have one make a trip to a LFS

Watch the tank and see if there are any I'll effects..ammonia is the most important for the fish holder though

And keep your wife away from the tanks! No cleaners near and def. not able to drop in the tank..

There have been MANY instances of people cleaning/ cleaning people near tanks killing everything because of using windex, Lysol and other cleaners that get into the water...

The lid on the nano is a thin piece of acrylic. Whole thing fell right in. On the 30 it's really heavy thick completely covered. No worries about meds there. I'm gonna swap out about 5 gallons and wait an hour and test it again. Before trying to move them in thanks again Kim.

They will be fine for a while I would stop feeding. Your dirtying up the water

Get a poly pad...if you don't have one make a trip to a LFS

Watch the tank and see if there are any I'll effects..ammonia is the most important for the fish holder though

I fed to see if they were dying or sick. But their fine. I scooped excess food out with a net. Thanks for the reply ^_^

I agree, it is safe to add to the 30g and the cycle seems over. Just test daily to make sure and keep an ammonia binder on hand just in case.

I have prime. Thanks. Gonna do a PWC and wait to test again before moving

Josh I am sure they will be fine in the 30....as others said just keep an eye on it and don't feed them for a bit once they are in there...let them acclimate and let your water take a break...it will be completely fine if not fed again until tomorrow for sure...

not only cleaning products but room freshners as well...never ever spray in the room with the tank or keep one plugged in near by....all chemicals should be as far from that room as possible....

and tell your wife that salt water dripping on the wall won't need anything more than a damp rag to wipe down ;) theres no germs for the lysol police to come in hazzard suits LOL

My word of advice! give your wife an LV purse and quietly ask her please not to clean near the tank. Other than that I'd keep my mouth shut... :laugh: . We men reefers are walking on thin ice,

I have to say, when my husband says I don't have to clean somewhere, I take that to heart! So I bet shed be really excited for him to say he will be taking care of everything down there,lol

My word of advice! give your wife an LV purse and quietly ask her please not to clean near the tank. Other than that I'd keep my mouth shut... :laugh: . We men reefers are walking on thin ice,

Good advice.  Say something nice to the wife and tell her that you'll clean around the tank.  Oh, and stop spraying water around the house. 

LOL, The last time I told (well, ASK) my wife not to touch my mag cleaner! I got a 3 days of silence treatment.

That doesn't sound so bad lol

I'm a huge fan of silence

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Lol you guys are crazy. I took my time. Did a PWC. Added a little prime just in case. And accilmated them over about a half hour.

Nemo is one happy camper he's exploring as we speak ^_^ thanks everyone.

Lol y'all is funny...I'm sure your wives have a hobby or 2... I've got fish and shopping, and it's kinda worse because I shop where I work!

My husband has guns, hunting (aka hanging out with the guys for a week at elk camp , drinking, and not bringing me any meat home), mountain climbing, mountain biking and these new crazy obstacle course runs and trials...I think mine is still more expensive than all his combined..but I'll never let him know that....

My wife runs and reads fancy books, but mostly I think she would do well with a hobby.  She lacks one.  Doesn't like spending money.  Doesn't like shopping.  I'm trying to get her into reefs, but it mostly just annoys her, I think.  I do the hammer and screwdriver projects in the house, she does the laundry, we split the cooking (dads are for breakfast and occasional dinners), I do the yardwork. 

How to get a lady into reef tanks? I kind of wish my problem was her spending too much money at avastmarine.com and quantumreefs.com, and I wish Incredible Corals was closer to Gaithersburg so I could frequent their store like the others.  Somebody get to work on that.

Lol y'all is funny...I'm sure your wives have a hobby or 2... I've got fish and shopping, and it's kinda worse because I shop where I work!

My husband has guns, hunting (aka hanging out with the guys for a week at elk camp , drinking, and not bringing me any meat home), mountain climbing, mountain biking and these new crazy obstacle course runs and trials...I think mine is still more expensive than all his combined..but I'll never let him know that....

I'm more a shopaholic then my wife is lol. Actually she doesn't have any hobbies. Besides the ocassional baking.

My wife runs and reads fancy books, but mostly I think she would do well with a hobby.  She lacks one.  Doesn't like spending money.  Doesn't like shopping.  I'm trying to get her into reefs, but it mostly just annoys her, I think.  I do the hammer and screwdriver projects in the house, she does the laundry, we split the cooking (dads are for breakfast and occasional dinners), I do the yardwork. 

How to get a lady into reef tanks? I kind of wish my problem was her spending too much money at avastmarine.com and quantumreefs.com, and I wish Incredible Corals was closer to Gaithersburg so I could frequent their store like the others.  Somebody get to work on that.

My wife hates anything to do with fish. She won't even eat seafood lol. She ain't got a hobby either. Mostly cooks cleans takes care of the kids. Shops but never buys anything. Just likes to window shop

ok I didn't even want a fish tank about 10 years ago hubby insisted as he always had FOWLR.  I said fine...but ONLY FOWLER but then he insisted on a reef tank and I was sad about it....I figured I would just ignore the whole thing.....yadda yadda yadda....they filled an entire 92 corner with LR and I walked by one night and got all fascinated that there were BUGS in the water.....I sat for hours that night....watching everything come out of that rock all night....and I was HOOKED....line and sinker...and ironically from that day forward he barely had anything to do with the tanks and I am obsessive compulsive.....

My best advice is to take her to a LFS that has pretty colored corals and have her pick you out her favorite and put it in the tank....she will want to watch it grow etc....that may be all you need to start the addiction....its like putting a drug in her drink....she won't even know what you have done LOL

Edited by sachabballi reef

I'm more a shopaholic then my wife is lol. Actually she doesn't have any hobbies. Besides the ocassional baking.

Yep my wife is an exceptional cook and baking reduces her stress level. The tank makes her dizzy...

Being a female reefer, I LOVE reading stories about male reefers interacting with their non-reefing spouses XD Cracks me up.

I'm really trying to get her into it. I think once I get some color in there she'll like it. It's all just....rocks lol

ok I didn't even want a fish tank about 10 years ago hubby insisted as he always had FOWLR. I said fine...but ONLY FOWLER but then he insisted on a reef tank and I was sad about it....I figured I would just ignore the whole thing.....yadda yadda yadda....they filled an entire 92 corner with LR and I walked by one night and got all fascinated that there were BUGS in the water.....I sat for hours that night....watching everything come out of that rock all night....and I was HOOKED....line and sinker...and ironically from that day forward he barely had anything to do with the tanks and I am obsessive compulsive.....

My best advice is to take her to a LFS that has pretty colored corals and have her pick you out her favorite and put it in the tank....she will want to watch it grow etc....that may be all you need to start the addiction....its like putting a drug in her drink....she won't even know what you have done LOL

Yea she picked out the open brain that was doing great till my tang decided maybe its a snack...