Bayer dip for Zoas

FishyPapa

Yes.  The guy said he dips softies as well with no ill effects, like 703 said above.

The poison in that bug killer is some kind of nervous system one, which corals don't have.

Can someone post the dilution ratio please ? I was negligent (bad me) and forgot what it is. I bought 2 bottles at fragfest so how much do I put in a gallon of water and how long do I dip the coral in it?

Thanks!

Boyer pest control with germ killer in blue bottle at home depot. 4 ml per litre for 15 min with air stone. Expect collateral damage for aefw and redbugs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Can someone post the dilution ratio please ? I was negligent (bad me) and forgot what it is. I bought 2 bottles at fragfest so how much do I put in a gallon of water and how long do I dip the coral in it?

Thanks!

I believe tom marked the bottles as well that he made. The bottles should have 3 gallons (this is all from memory, so I'll check when I get home.) So a third of the bottle makes a gallon. I also used this to dip zoas with, no ill effects at 15 minutes.

Boyer pest control with germ killer in blue bottle at home depot. 4 ml per litre for 15 min with air stone. Expect collateral damage for aefw and redbugs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

This works out to very close to 1 tablespoon per gallon for those who like English measurements.

And, the slides from Mike Henley's talk are still pinned and posted here (in the Propagation and Breeding forum).

For Zoas I just use Hydrogen Peroxide treatment with a drop of iodine. Kills everything but the Zoas . They are hardier than you think. Week later they will spring into action.