RLSS DC pump recall/class action information

monkiboy

How valid is that?

Copyright 2013 by the Florida Coalition for RLSS Waveline Product Recall

That seems interesting...

And given the specific date ranges if you purchased one today is it any different?

As I understand it, if they used the UL or CE mark and were not licensed to do so, they have infringed on these trademarks and may be liable. The page seems to be partially aimed at protecting the value of these trademarks. Who exactly is behind the page is a question to ask. And why.

From what I recall, UL or any other type of safety "certification" is not federally mandated and can generally be achieved by pledging that the proper steps were followed in manufacturing of product. The fact that something is not UL certified does not really mean a whole lot, as a lot of the products that you buy, that you assume are certified are actually not.

UL certification and listing is a product of Underwriters Laboratories. It's not a Government agency or endorsement. You can't use the mark without their approval. They have quality standards for many product types. The fact that a product is not certified or UL Listed does not mean that it doesn't meet standards. It could mean that they didn't bother paying the test and licensing fees to get and to maintain listing. If, in fact, the pumps were not UL listed, but bore the UL trademark or claimed to be UL Listed, then they will have infringed on UL's rights as they own the right to use and to license their UL trademarks.

Doug, our WAMAS president actually sits on a UL committee for aquarium-related products, I believe.

I don't know what the site owner's situation is. Seeing how he doesn't seem to be associated with a law firm specializing in class-action suits, it may be as simple as he's a disgruntled Waveline owner seeking to get restitution by whatever means are at his disposal, but who knows?

The power pack that comes with all the DC pumps is not

waterproof just keep it away from moisture and you are fine.

Love my SPEEDWAVE the best pump i have every owned. 

Checked the box there is a ul mark and a ul on the powerpack.

The powerpack looks to be ul cert for standard computer stuff

not aquarium use........I could care less but it appears to me

there a good chance all the knockoffs are like this.

Any pump in the water needs a gfci i dont trust any pump

i have had alot of bad maxi-jets ....water and pumps dont mix well.

Edited by basser9

Your a Badddddd boy! IT skills at work for free ?

Lol!! Naw..I was probably just the first to post that. It's public information....for an extra few bucks a year, he could gotten an anonymous whois.... now anyone can contact him!

Hid personal info as this is not allowed under our rules. That said, checking with moderation team for interpretation of our rules as this may not fit the spirit and letter of the law here.

apparently, disgruntled RLSS pump purchaser, may have gotten a dud... when they offered to refund or exchange the pump, he didn't find that solution enough... so and so on.. don't want to put too much more info since this is all hearsay...

apparently, disgruntled RLSS pump purchaser, may have gotten a dud... when they offered to refund or exchange the pump, he didn't find that solution enough... so and so on.. don't want to put too much more info since this is all hearsay...

There's always the "I'll sue you" jack *** out there. He probably got one payday out of suing a dept. store for slipping and is getting a thrill out of it now. Big fat loser, I'm sure.

Hid personal info as this is not allowed under our rules. That said, checking with moderation team for interpretation of our rules as this may not fit the spirit and letter of the law here.

I understand your caution, but generally when PI is already in the PD, there is no need to hide it.  Hiding it is just providing a service for free. 

On a related note, I for one would REALLY appreciate some kind of indication where content is removed.  It really breaks up a thread when content is removed and there is no indication of it.  Especially when there is reply after reply referencing that information.  It basically makes the thread unreadable and kills the thread. 

eg:  My name is John Handy and I live at <content violation:  PI> .  Please come over and trash my house / lawn. 

He only removed a bunch of silly joking around related to his name and YouTube channel. His work and home address were listed due to it not being hidden when he created the site.

Nothing important is missing really, or I guess I should say nothing of any use is missing