DCReefer1964 156 Gallon Oceanic Resurrection

Driving 3.5 hours to Norfolk this morning, all I could think about is how that center glass brace is going to block/filter my Radions :sad: . I plan on using (4) Gen2's Could make it rimless or split the top bracing :rolleyes: .

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving 3.5 hours to Norfolk this morning, all I could think about is how that center glass brace is going to block/filter my Radions :sad: . I plan on using (4) Gen2's Could make it rimless or split the top bracing :rolleyes: .

Darn 4? I was hoping to get away with 3 on my 180. 

Wave as you drive by the shipyard :)

I am working at the Naval Base

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

(edited)

But the center brace is glass or acrylic isn't it, for the most part? You shouldn't have too much light loss?

Just love the open top thing you know. Debated in splitting it to 2 pieces or convert to a Eurobrace . Can't sleep. Thinking about this build. Just want to get the poly on the stain, apply marine 2 part white to the interior. I am debating on just having a single brace on the front for better access. In addition missed out on TOMIE's Avast Cone CS2. Was going to do a complete Avast solution theme. Love to support the home team.

Edited by DCReefer1964

with the 156, when the stock overflows are up they water level actually touches the glass (found that strange) so as long as you keep the top cleanish ill be it blocks less light than you think it willl.

looks like some good progress, feel free to hit me up about cutting the overflows out, its AMAZING how much more room you have, i am only a few miles from where you picked the tank up, if your back in the area hit me up (i would helped move but was outta town

i thought about the eurobrace...wouldnt mind it but the center isnt all that bad once you get used to it...

congrats on the tank

I'm doing x2 of the it2080's with the 90 degree optics. Should be like Christmas in the tank once I'm done. Or you could do x4 d120's. either way, brace isn't an issue with either two options IMO. I know about the loss of sleep btw, the build keeps me up many a night.

Well made it home from Norfolk, stain on stand is dry. I think I want it darker & I want to apply the 2 part Marine White Epoxy paint. If any body needs some I should have a pint left.

Pulled out a AE Tech sump (E.T.S.S) rated for 150 gallons.

Posted Image

Reef Mania Reactor "22 tall

Posted Image

Just playing around

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wish list may do an Avast Marine theme tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sweet update - good work, sir!

Yeah just can't wait to achieve the proper color on the stand, and find a matching paint for the molding trim.

Now I need some schedule 80 - PVC fittings/ valves and flex - PVC tubing black or grey would be super sweet !!!!!

Any body out there have some for sale? Rather keep monies in the WAMAS circle.

Now I need some schedule 80 - PVC fittings/ valves and flex - PVC tubing black or grey would be super sweet !!!!!

Any body out there have some for sale? Rather keep monies in the WAMAS circle.

i got schedule 80 fittings. what size and what do you need?

i got schedule 80 fittings. what size and what do you need?

i will let you know debating on return pumps. 2 DC 3000 or 1 DC 6000

i will let you know debating on return pumps. 2 DC 3000 or 1 DC 6000

I would try and go higher, personally. I'm running it on full and it is right by my return, just a thought.

I would try and go higher, personally. I'm running it on full and it is right by my return, just a thought.

what are you running on yours

what are you running on yours

Oh, I see that I didn't answer your question, sorry man.

I'm running the DC 6000 on my return. I do like that it ramps up and down, even if it loses power, it still slowly cranks down as opposed to a violent stop. Stop on by and check it out if you'd like!

Edited by YHSublime

I would go with the single DC6000 myself. The sump looks really nice!

Thanks, I was going to use (2) DC 3000 since I already have the. I love EHIEM they have worked like champs for years. In addition the sump is only 24 gallons.

Well went out side to check the tank in the sun light. Low and behold found scratches in glass none are deep, but it just bothers me. Wish the tank was cleaned empty with lights on to inspect at PU. I have been at this long enough to know better. Moving along (sigh)

I'm sure once you get water in the tank the scratches will be less noticable.

+1

Added 3 more Avast Marine draft picks for the new build.Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD