90 gallon Mixed Reef

thanks roni.. It probably wont be until atleast august.. saving up for the light system.

Look into the Evergrows, if you want to see them in action, I've got an IT2080 and a D120. There is a group buy happening right now.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw roni.. your build thread actually helped me build mystand to where it is now.. the image bob posted helped.

Yeah, Bob is a phenomenal stand builder.  My stand could easily support a small truck the way he's built it :)  

In terms of lighting, 4 ft tanks are great since they can easily be lit by 2 halides, or a bank of T5s, or LEDs if you choose.  What are you leaning towards?  If you go t5, the ati and tek fixtures in 6 bulbs would likely support anything you decide to keep.  

(edited)

Although I am late with these, here they are:

I hope these show how the doors are placed on this stand, and the thin piece of wood (mounted on the left -as you are looking at it- door) that goes between them. 

DSC04320.JPG

DSC04321.JPG

DSC04322.JPG

DSC04323.JPG

Edited by Jason Rhoads

I am gonna put lights on the back burner for right now, I am not sure what I really like yet. Lol I am not really a fan of the evergrows. I def appreciate the idea tho sublime.

Thanks Jason! Gives me some good idea about how I want to do it.

So I finally or a chance to work on my stand some more today after a busy work week. I got a good bit accomplished today. Hopefully tomorrow I should be done with it completely! I took into consider the suggestions of some people and I changed things up some.

post-2633685-0-09669800-1371951380_thumb.jpg

post-2633685-0-20143400-1371951391_thumb.jpg

post-2633685-0-64862900-1371951400_thumb.jpg

Looking good.  For someone who says he doesn't know much about woodworking, you seem to be doing a great job :)

^This. 

Ok so here is my update. Got everything done on the stand except caulking, painting the inside and the cabinet doors.

I'll take better pics tomorrow.

I did wire an outlet directly into the stand and will make the wood next to it a place to mount the electronics.

post-2633685-0-57735400-1372039650_thumb.jpg

The stand: I am not much of a big DIY'er, but I am giving it a shot. Instead of explaining I will post pics.

Liar LIAR pants on fire.

Stand looks awesome man. Love the idea of the electronics slated area. 

Looks really nice

Liar LIAR pants on fire.

Stand looks awesome man. Love the idea of the electronics slated area.

Thanks... I appreciate it.

Ok.. Another stand update lol.. I know I know this must be boring for you all, but it"s an adventure for me!

Cabinet doors are cut and glued.. I have them weighted down till the glue dries.. Then wood putty,sand and paint... Then hang it up!

Lol the top portion where the tank sits I don't even have an 1/8" to spare between tank and molding... Fits perfect!!

post-2633685-0-34649900-1372122297_thumb.jpg

post-2633685-0-49694900-1372122320_thumb.jpg

(edited)

If it was boring we wouldn't all be reading.....remember we are all here because we love every aspect of this hobby....and build threads are a particular favorite for most!!

Awesome job....looks fantastic...you sell yourself short on your talents and I am sure the tank will be outstanding as you have great attention to details....

Edited by sachabballi reef

If it was boring we wouldn't all be reading.....remember we are all here because we love every aspect of this hobby....and build threads are a particular favorite for most!!

Awesome job....looks fantastic...you sell yourself short on your talents and I am sure the tank will be outstanding as you have great attention to details....

Thank you.. :-) I sat and stared at my work for like 15 mins I was so impressed :-)

While working on the doors Zigan was picking out equipment from Dr Foster & Smith magazine... Lol!!

Such a gorgeous pup...glad he's a tank fan too...he seems to be hurrying you along and wants it running already....

Lol I just bought my dog that same ball the other day....

Such a gorgeous pup...glad he's a tank fan too...he seems to be hurrying you along and wants it running already....

Lol I just bought my dog that same ball the other day....

He absolutely loves that ball.. He will shred other toys with rough play, but will play lightly and baby that ball. I bet will stare at the tank a lot too!

Mine does the same which is why I bought it...it's still alive after 3 days...new record ;)

My golden pup will jump up with both paws on the tank and stand and stare at the tank with me....it's hysterical...I always feel like I have to discuss it with her in those moments :)

I think our animals like the noise and movement...my dogs used to sit in the room with my rank in my old house and watch it like tv...

Everything is lokoking really good! Keep up that pace and you'll have water in it in 3 weeks! And you can set everything up and cycle it without your lighting...then your not waiting even longer when you get them....

Thanks! I will prob set it up and let everything cycle for 2 months or so until I can buy lights.. But I still need to buy the other equipment too lol! So might be a month or so before I get all that stuff.

I am trying to figure out where I want to get my rocks from now.. I was thinking Marco rocks.. Any one have any other suggestions?

Also should I get a 200 or 250 watt heater?

For an ATO what do you all use? Avast?

I hesitate to even bring this up...but did you block your house ac/heat air return with the tank/stand placement? I think I saw a return vent in an earlier post.

The stand is a very awesome job...well done!