Ideas for future tank mates fowlr

BowieReefer84

Currently I have a male bluethroat trigger, auriga butterfly, and African flameback angel.

Any cool ideas for future additions? I am looking at 5-7 fish (9 max if I get more small ones) total to keep maint (waterchanges) to a min...

Footprint of tank is 55"x22"x22" and has a beast skimmer with a bubble blaster pump so filtration is pretty solid.

My ideas:

1- Christmas wrasse

2- Mystery wrasse

3- possibly a couple more dwarf angels

4- Some lyrtail anthias

5- tang?

I don't mind reefsafe fish in my fish only, just want a nice variety of fish. Right now I really need some red/purple fish, and green as well.

Thanks.

How about a lime green wrasse - H. chloropterus...one of my faves...relatively peaceful and a unique pastel green color.

Bird wrasse has a cool shape and color...arc eye hawk fish or Japanese hawk fish or giant hawk fish. :)

I had a very cool orange gulf toadfish..just can't have any fish that will fit in his mouth....

Maori wrasse, Toby or small puffer?

Also, trying to avoid fish that will eat the hermits and snails... Hawk fish are cool, but they fall into this category don't they?

The green wrasse is ok for a heavy stocked tank, but I want some more unique fish. That's why I mentioned the Christmas Wrasse.

If I had a fowlr....I'd have an assortment of butterflies and dwarf angels. You might also consider the marine betta and monocle beam...and Toby puffer??

Also, trying to avoid fish that will eat the hermits and snails... Hawk fish are cool, but they fall into this category don't they?

I too was afraid to get a Hawk for that same reason. However, I kept seeing other members keep them with no problems. So when I saw Pacfic selling one at this past meeting, I couldn't resist and got it. So far, it has not bothered my Coral banded and Cleaner shrimp, granted they are both bigger then it.

Gramma melacara or Gramma loreto for some added purple.

Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis, my favorite wrasse and it can be kept in groups.

Centropyge loriculus for the red color

How about one or more blotched anthia....budget allowing ($$$). LA has them right now, sure someone local can get them for you too.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?c=720&pCatId=2981

peppermint hog? ...I just got one and really dig him...he is decent sized and doesn't seem concerned with my large cleaner shrimp. Candy hog is nice looking too

I'm looking to add fish to my new 55 too. Where are you planing to get your fish from ?