Good place to buy T5 ?

moga

what size - i'm guessing 48"?

i have brand new ATIs (20-30 bulbs) that i'll let go for a steal at cheaper than new prices.

Edited by monkiboy

When not buying locally, over time I've purchased from reefgeek, hellolights, and BRS. All three are good, and which has the best price will be a function of the exact bulbs you want and any specials/sales they have running at the time.

Got a new 48" if that's what you need. I'm in Centreville too.

I've switched to LED.

if you do order online watch out for shipping costs, with bulbs they aften charge an insurance surcharge and its always a pain if they do come broken......

I like to buy them from local fish stores if possible, but for some reason the bulbs I want are never available from the store's wholesaler of choice. So I usually end up having to wait several weeks while the LFS tally's up enough orders to place an order. So I did not order form a LFS this last time. I got 14 36" T5s from Marine Depot. They shipped them in their individual boxes, taped them together to form one large box. Around that was several layers of bubble wrap and all of that was stuffed into a hard cardboard tube (~6" diameter) with an additional bit of bubble wrap on the ends. None of the bulbs were broken. While I did qualify for "free shipping", I did pay $1.40 in "shipping" for insurance. I understand bulbs are harder to ship than, say GFO, so I didn't complain.