Hypomelanistic flame angel

Chad

Anyone note this fish as it flashed through DD today?

0320131-012.jpg

Kind of interesting, huh? I haven't seen a flame angel without black pigments before, does anyone know if this is an aberrant mutation or genetic?

I saw it, personally it's another fish that I think is ugly...especially with its crazy price tag,lol

Though I have to say I also do not care for many of the designer fish that have been created for this hobby, I believe this is either a cross mutation or a specific strain as I have seen them a few times before....maybe 4 in the last 12 years?

I'm not sure how I feel about the fish. It's certainly different. If I knew it was a genetic trait (rather than something that may go away like some of the crazy "tricolor" yellow tangs out there), I'd like it better.

Maybe Copps will provide some info... :)

I'm not sure how I feel about the fish. It's certainly different. If I knew it was a genetic trait (rather than something that may go away like some of the crazy "tricolor" yellow tangs out there), I'd like it better.

Maybe Copps will provide some info... :)

My exact thought. He's the angel man.

I like the looks of the fish. But I seem to go for that sort of thing. I alwyas used to love the baseball cards with errors on them when I was a kid :)

I like the looks of the fish. But I seem to go for that sort of thing. I alwyas used to love the baseball cards with errors on them when I was a kid :)

i couldn't agree more...I like it because it is unique...and probably cuz someone thought it was ugly LMAO