Any source for a Gem Tang?

Steve175

My tank has been rock stable and I feel like I am ready to take it up a notch go for my long-time dream fish. Anyone looking to sell a Gem tang or seen one recently in their travels? Roozens? Local vendors? On-line sites?

Steve should get a line on one and pricing in the next day or two. Right now I'm not getting concrete pricing until they are procured. Of course I'm hearing since you put this up there has been lots of inquiries for these. Given that if anyone else that wants one these now would be the best chance to get a great price given the amount of people asking for these in the back channels

Edited by NAGA

I think most of the guys (including myself) who would be willing to buy one of these can offset the costs just by selling a few coral colonies which they bought years ago as frags. After a certain time in the hobby, it becomes much easier to warrant the purchase of something extremely rare/expensive because the hobby begins to pay for a good portion of itself.... That or life has been good to them. :-)

Wow, we have some high rollers here.

That's what I was thinking. Would be hard to guess given the listing for the $200 SPS pack or some other items I've seen recently.

I think most of the guys (including myself) who would be willing to buy one of these can offset the costs just by selling a few coral colonies which they bought years ago as frags. After a certain time in the hobby, it becomes much easier to warrant the purchase of something extremely rare/expensive because the hobby begins to pay for a good portion of itself.... That or life has been good to them. :-)

+1. Definitely easier to justify an expensive item if you can sell a few "old frags" to offset some of the cost. That's the great thing about WAMAS. If it weren't for the low prices on frags and people willing to buy ones I've grown, I'd probably have a tank full of Xenia that I'd cut back every month and throw away.

Sportzfish: Thanks for the link. I found that a few days back. Tempting, but the guy is down in FLA and I worry about the prospect of receiving a DOA with shipping (which would suck). I am hoping that buying from a local vendor (besides being an indirect way to support our club) will provide some protection from this.

BTW, not a high roller . . . just a hard worker. And I am now old and wise enough to focus mu $$$ on my reef rather than cars and/or women. Got some leads/exploring and waiting.