Go salt or go home. First ever tank! 29G

howaboutme

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big leagues with a clam!

Just trying to play ball! After a year..finally got my clam!

Very cute maxima!

Thank you! Like my daughter says..anything little is cute :). This thing is about 1.5" but no more than 2" long...It's happy so far.

had the opportunity to check this out today! very clean set up and great colors. love how the teeny clam is front and center, haha. it doesn't hurt that his wife and daughter (beautiful family by the way) both knew more about the tank and what was going on than i ever did even after a year in. jack is doing something right over there - that's for certain! :tongue:

had the opportunity to check this out today! very clean set up and great colors. love how the teeny clam is front and center, haha. it doesn't hurt that his wife and daughter (beautiful family by the way) both knew more about the tank and what was going on than i ever did even after a year in. jack is doing something right over there - that's for certain! :tongue:

Thanks Marcos. I really appreciate the kind words. It was nice chatting with you and also thanks for answering my newbie questions that I bombarded you. Haha... If I ever see your setup, I may never leave!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I thought I'd share this pretty cool graph. I finally got my wp-25 installed and controlled by the Reef Angel. Thanks to some help from the RA forum (most especially lnevo) as well as a custom code developed by someone else, I have the pump running in a randomized pattern that's very similar to the Jebao "Else" mode. I only have it running between 30% and 40% so the fluctuation is not huge but it's still very clear the cool pattern that the code creates. I plan to tweak the power settings as well as set a schedule that will have the pump run the randomized pattern when the lights are on and then a slower constant speed when the lights are off (amongst other things). Currently, this is the only pump in the tank now. It took a while to find the right placement and to make sure the huge anemone was alright. If I had 2 pumps (way overkill for my size), they can run in sync/antisync, creating even greater movement.

graphraphp.png

This graph is courtesy of Reeftronics.

I have the pump running in a randomized pattern that's very similar to the Jebao "Else" mode.

I take it you mean the Vortechs?

Either way, looks like you got the perfect toy, that Reef Angel is right down your alley.

Very cool Jack!

Thanks Ken!

I take it you mean the Vortechs?

Either way, looks like you got the perfect toy, that Reef Angel is right down your alley.

I meant the Jeabos. I believe the Vortech equivalent is reef crest mode? I don't believe there's an Else mode in the Vortech's. But I'm not sure. You would probably know better. Either way, yeah, the options or kind of endless and only limited by hardware options.

• 2 months later...

Some quick cell phone picts.

Anyone know what this green acro is? It was on the verge of death thanks to the anemone. But the nem decided to stretch in another direction and now this thing is taking off!

2014-06-13201243.jpg

This is Ha's (hlem) strawberry shortcake. Love the color and really happy about this.

2014-06-13201233.jpg

I have other acros doing well but can't get good picts.

"Anyone know what this green acro is?"

Yes I do ....it is  Acro GORGEOUS!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

"Anyone know what this green acro is?"

Yes I do ....it is  Acro GORGEOUS!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Haha..Thanks Ken!

It looks like a green slimer. Nice job!

Thank you! Yes, the coral on the left of that 1st picture (to the right on the 2nd) is a green slimer. I wondering what the center acro of the 1st picture is. I thought it was a frogskin but I'm having doubts as it colors back up from the dead.