Copps

reefbox

Got a couple frags from Copps today at the meet.

EPIC coloration and quality. I definitely recommend

buying your corals from this guy. No pests what so ever.

Thanks again Copps!

I can't resist buying from him every time...and that shirt was epic....

But I want to watch the build thread for his 900 gallon tank he is building in the new house......insane!!!!!!

I purchased a glowing green trumpet from him at the last meeting and that thing has nearly doubled in sized. He's great & cuts nice big chunks. I couldn't carry anymore in my box yesterday but definitely buying from his table at the next meeting.

I got a Chili pepper monti from him and that thing glows in the dark!!!!!!

Thanks so much guys... it's really my pleasure... and a win-win... thanks for helping me finance the 900! :)

Coooooooooooooooooooo-stanza!

Copps

Vendor - no. But he is just about the most passionate person in the hobby who goes the extra mile to care for his tanks and knows how to provide a good home for his corals & fish. His also one of the few in the hobby who can tell you the family-tree-history of every coral in his tank.

It's funny that this is was in Vendor Reviews. I'm not sure that's appropriate as John is not a vendor, but a well-regarded member of this club. Moving this to general discussion.

Hey guys... 100% NOT a vendor... :D I sell frags at meetings and that's it... and as my wife could attest to I do not come close to making a profit... I have 3500 watts of light alone in my house over my systems, and I sell from my meager 20 long at meetings two to four times a year... :) As many of you know I am our "speaker coordinator" which is a fun job for me with the club, but the real work is done by many of the great people in this club, including the two that posted above me (Tom and Craig).

My apologies for not getting recent tank shots... things have been crazy recently as my wife and I have just signed a contract on a new pre-construction home that will be ready this summer... making all of the decisions on the home alone would be time consuming, but I'm already in talks with the manufacturer of my dream reef tank, in addition to working with the builder on modifying the ground level to accommodate such a massive tank. For those looking for some pics and info on my current system you can view here...

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/76-tank-of-the-month

Also, I currently have acclimation boxes with fish I collected in Guam that are inhibiting taking photos... you could check this thread out from a recent trip...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2253772

Thanks,

John

Congrats on the new home, John!

Speaking from experience (my wife and I just moved into a home that we built), and setting things up exactly as you want them is really, really awesome!

I have no doubt that your passion will drive that 900 to be a stunning example that many will drool over and try to emulate.

Oh, and John, I just read through that thread on RC...

I must say it made my heart bounce in my throat!! Unfreaking believable and really amazing.

you can also see a picture of John's tank on the counter at Aquarium One.

Edited by treesprite

His also one of the few in the hobby who can tell you the family-tree-history of every coral in his tank.

Lots of people know the lineage of their corals. He does seem passionate about the hobby for sure, although I just bought some corals from him, I don't know him personally.

I have yet to meet him or see any of his corals but I am hoping to one day as we both live in Leesburg :)