WOW!!!

Jan

It makes me wonder if they are fake.... You must only be able to get to it from the back but that darn acrylic would NEVER be clean enough, lol

I am NOT cleaning the corners, lol

I could NEVER have an acrylic tank. I wait way too long between glass cleanings and seem to always have some coraline on the glass somewhere.

Yes. My first thought was how does the acrylic withstand the fire? I don't get hanging flatscreens over fire places either.

is that a fireplace?

The whole place looks fake, but it appears that having millions and billions equates to fake/sterile living. I don't get it. I'd like more color and more warmth myself.

Ok, that looks really cool, but the whole picture looks fake to me.

The whole place looks fake, but it appears that having millions and billions equates to fake/sterile living. I don't get it. I'd like more color and more warmth myself.

+1 I'm sure those coral are resin made and they don't look like realistic growth patterns. I'm still baffled at why the designer would place the aquarium around the fireplace. Clearly the designer has never kept a real aquarium of any kind. And if that was a functional gas or wood burning fireplace, the heat generated would not allow fish keeping unless the owners were looking to make fish soup. Expensive living nowadays doesn't necessarily mean realistic living and there seems to be a sense of pseudo-appreciation for all living things.

I don't believe it. One of the corals looks like it's overlapping a throw pillow. It looks like a manipulated photo.

(Sent from my phone)

Rob, my engineer answer says it's impossible to 100% insulate.

:)

Rob, my engineer answer says it's impossible to 100% insulate.

Well- truth be told, it's not actually a fireplace. It's just gas logs. Lots of ceramic insulation separating the two.

There might even be some Aerogel in there....

:)

Everything in the tank looks fake or dead to me. Also not my idea of a beach house. Too stuffy. I wouldn't want anyone covered with sand walking into this place and forget about sitting on the furniture.

Had a neurologist once that had a huge beautiful salt water tank in his waiting room. He had a few blue damsels in it every now and then. One day I watched him pour bleach in the tank. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he didn't like algae so to keep his corals white he poured a gallon of bleach in the tank. He did this after the damsels died. He never understood why the damsels never survived. Weirdo!!!

In the first image, there's this green coral in the "vee" of the throw pillows that overlaps onto the fringe of the right throw pillow. That's what threw me into thinking the picture was manipulated. Now that I look at the source picture (found it on the web), the fringe on that pillow is just pushed back out of view.

Here's where the picture comes from. A custom aquarium place. You can see this tank in much greater detail there.

(edited)

None of the tanks in the gallery have live corals in them. Make the cabinet to match the home and slap the rest together with some fake corals for color and hardy live fish. Sweet gig for acrylic tank makers. Tap into the $$ quick and sign them up for maint. What would one dispaly cost $5,000.00 and up? Folks in my neighborhood would buy just for the aestheics....HEY ADAM!!!!

In the first image, there's this green coral in the "vee" of the throw pillows that overlaps onto the fringe of the right throw pillow. That's what threw me into thinking the picture was manipulated. Now that I look at the source picture (found it on the web), the fringe on that pillow is just pushed back out of view.

Here's where the picture comes from. A custom aquarium place. You can see this tank in much greater detail there.

Edited by Jans Natural Reef Foods