Diamond drill bit

ohaverd

anyone have one I can borrow in the Woodbridge area? I've got a 20 gal Petco tank I want to drill. Heck I can just bring it with me if anyone wants... I could use the drilling lesson. Lunch would be on me :)

I've heard if you bring tanks to meetings, they will drill them there for you. Don't know if that's true, or if you can wait that long, but throwing it out there.

You probably have to coordinate with someone if you want a tank drilled at a meeting. Many people have experience drilling tanks.

This reminded me of a tank drilling demo that was done a few years ago:

What not to do (tempered glass):

Here, we had a little better success:

Did you really have to post that? The first time I saw it, on You Tube, I was horrified to see that I'm standing right there through the entire video! It's especially worse because it makes me look like I'm about 50 lbs fatter... how embarrassing! And I apparently had an itchy nose, dry lips, and itchy eyes. UGH!

you don't say what size you want. Let us know.

doesnt matter, I was going to buy a bulkhead according to what size bit I could borrow.

DIY

It's a bit scary @ first, but was a piece of cake! Got to remember to ease up at the very last end to get a smooth cut.

FYI, they do sell bit and bulkhead combo online. google it!

Did you really have to post that? The first time I saw it, on You Tube, I was horrified to see that I'm standing right there through the entire video! It's especially worse because it makes me look like I'm about 50 lbs fatter... how embarrassing! And I apparently had an itchy nose, dry lips, and itchy eyes. UGH!

LOL. Yes, I see both you and Scott are in the scene (and Bob, of course). There have been some meetings where you've made a few practice runs at tank-drilling, too, Forrest, right? I'm not sure if this was the meeting or if it was a later one.

doesnt matter, I was going to buy a bulkhead according to what size bit I could borrow.

Tell us what you are trying to get accomplished..just wanting to set up a 20g tank with a small bulkhead? Or do you have bigger plans? If you think you'll grow in the hobby, you should do it yourself, it's not hard and then you'll know how. If not, and you just want to do a small tank, then I'll let you come out and use mine. I drilled a 20 for a frag tank, installed a 1 inch bulkhead (I think.) It will take you longer to drive to Gaithersburg than it will to drill the tank but I'm happy to help. LMK

I'll be in touch when I get ready to start drilling on my 40 breeder! and my 29 gallon sump that I plan on building/using. Want to do a get together and do a drilling? I have both of mine waiting to go in a closet.

Working from home tomorrow if you want to bring it by. Just let me know.

Sublime - working from home tomorrow and Friday so let me know and we'll get you fixed up.