DDiver's 300g/Restaurant Build

DDiver

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am probably the biggest LED-hater out there for SPS but I am still stuck with them because of heat as well. I am going from 5 AI Sols to 3 Sols with 4 80 watt T5 supplements and a bunch of additional Royal blue LEDs. T5 retrofits are cheap. I am happy with the ones that ReefGeek carries.

My advice is to lean heavy on the T5 supplements. If budget is an issue, consider the Chinese LEDs. if you are supplementing with T5s (Purple and 65k), then you don't have to drop big money on fancy full-spectrum LEDs. If you or your coral don't like the light, you can fix it with a bulb change.

Just a way to hedge your bets.

Great food for thought...Thanks Bill

In a few days I will have a set of 60 inch AI Rails with no place to go. I could trade it for Satay and Larb Kai if you could use it. Let me know...

I might have to take you up on that Bill, it'll probably be another few weeks until i get to the lighting but i will definitely get in touch with you on that.Thank you.

Billy, if the restaurant is a reflection of your skills as a reefer, it'll be a huge hit, looking forward to opening it up! Let me know if you need help, too, just around the corner.

Oh cut it out Dave, you're making me blush :happy: ... It'll definitely have it's ups and downs as reefing does but I when I get into something, i take it to the extreme and take great pride in what i do.So i don't doubt it'll be a big hit Dave, thank you.

I LOVE Thai. You can count on us to be regular customers.

Save me a seat near the tank!

you might have to fight Evan for it Laura... ;)

Congrats Billy! We love Thai food and tank too :bluefish:

Thank you Andy.You won't be too far so i hope to see you once we open.

Sweet build....my wife and I love Thai..... When I come back for work I'll stop by.......when will you open?

Darren

Hopefully in March, Darren.

Change of plans.After reading 40+ pages on RC about setting up the AI Vega Colors,I decided against going that route , reason being I just can't afford to be messing around with the fixture while trying to get the restaurant going.I'm gonna go with what I know which is halide/t5 an LEDs only as supplements.Maybe down the road when I accomplish stability with the restaurant, I'll rethink LEDs as primary lighting.

Change of plans.After reading 40+ pages on RC about setting up the AI Vega Colors,I decided against going that route , reason being I just can't afford to be messing around with the fixture while trying to get the restaurant going.I'm gonna go with what I know which is halide/t5 an LEDs only as supplements.Maybe down the road when I accomplish stability with the restaurant, I'll rethink LEDs as primary lighting.

great build thread and best of luck on your restaurant venture!

if you're looking for a good deal on LEDs that have proven themselves, you can join the evergrow groupbuy on this forum. unlikely to find a better deal on such a package. and there's so many folks that use them now that you can just pick up a template of your choosing and you're done without having to worry about whateaver "setup" you were referring to with the AI units.

Edited by monkiboy

sup. doing good things i see. keep up the good work billy.

yea dude, been busy trying to get things going since I picked up the Foxface from you..we should get up sometime..you still have my number?

great build thread and best of luck on your restaurant venture!

if you're looking for a good deal on LEDs that have proven themselves, you can join the evergrow groupbuy on this forum. unlikely to find a better deal on such a package. and there's so many folks that use them now that you can just pick up a template of your choosing and you're done without having to worry about whateaver "setup" you were referring to with the AI units.

thank you!!!I just don't think now is the right time to venture into LEDs..but I will look into the Evergrows a little more.

Congratulation Billy. I would love to come. Love Thai food a lot!

well you will be more than welcomed Kevin.Thank you.

yea dude, been busy trying to get things going since I picked up the Foxface from you..we should get up sometime..you still have my number?

Yeah you and I have both been ghost for a minute. We should get up before I move to the beach this June. Pm me your number. New phone and i don't have anyone's number anymore.