what salt mix do you use?

DBL

I have been using reef crystals but lately I have been thinking of changing to instant ocean or red sea coral pro salt. What do you guys use? is one better then the others?

RC. IO and RC are identical except RC mixed to high Ca and Alk. When I used IO, I had to add 2 part to freshly mixed SW to match tank water whereas RC is closer to my tank parameters. If you run Alk in the 8ish range, then go with IO; if closer to 10 then go with RC IME.

I have bought most brands to see if my tank would benefit from higher end or more expensive salts. TM is considered the best by many and it is nice, but I have not seen any real benefit from using it. I have also used and liked b\Brightwells. The only issue I have with IO and RC is residue on buckets and pumps from mixing. Brightwells was actually my favorite.\, and it really isnt that expensive some places. If you have a large volume of water though I would use IO or RC depending if I had a fish only tank or reef tank. There are some bad brands out there. I have used Kent and Coral Life before and it was not a good salt.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-03/rhf/index.php#11

"So, my suggestion is to pick one of the top half dozen mixes above, and then don’t spend any more time worrying about whether your mix is the “best” one or not. I have used Instant Ocean for more than 10 years, largely because it has had a long and wide track record of success."

http://reefkeeping.c...hf/index.php#11

"So, my suggestion is to pick one of the top half dozen mixes above, and then don’t spend any more time worrying about whether your mix is the “best” one or not. I have used Instant Ocean for more than 10 years, largely because it has had a long and wide track record of success."

+100!