Steve's 300 Build

STEVE

And so it begins..... Went to Lowes and spent some money.

Lowes-1.jpg

Then I proceeded to make a mess...

mess-1.jpg

I cleaned all the edges of the lumber up. Nice and straight sides.

cut.png

And this is what I have ended up with at the end of the day.

stand-1.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used 2 x 10 for the upper support...I dont think I will have any issues there biggrin.gif !

Sounds like a 300g DD to me. 27" tall?

What are your lighting plans?

With ridetheducati, and now you, maybe I will jump in soon and add the third 300g DD to wamas. Such a great tank.

Yep! You can blame Tony on this one. I let him talk me into it. biggrin.gif Going to stay with T-5's. My basement is just not happy with MH's, get's way too hot down there with just 2 250's, so I can imagin how hot it would be with 3 400's!

Just finished my plans for my sump and my ATO container. The ATO can only hold 22 gallons, I was hoping for around 30 gallons...just not enough room. 16 x 16x 20 high. The sump is going to be 48 long, 16 high and 20 deep with a built in compartment for my Cheato. It will house my Bubble King Mini 200, along with my carbon reactor, heater, and 2 powerheads (1 to feed the Calcium Reactor and 1 to feed my Two Little Fishies Carbon Reactor) It will also house the Eheim 1062 return pump with plenty of room to install another pump if needed.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Steve and Vince at Quantum Reefs in Annandale, VA....They called me yesterday and told me my tank had come in and they could deliver it tonight!...Of course, I said bring it! So they did....at 9pm! They went out of thier way, after hours to do that and I really appreciated it, just wanted to thank them! They beat the price I already was quoted, and they were very fair on the delivery charge!

Just finished my plans for my sump and my ATO container. The ATO can only hold 22 gallons, I was hoping for around 30 gallons...just not enough room. 16 x 16x 20 high. The sump is going to be 48 long, 16 high and 20 deep with a built in compartment for my Cheato. It will house my Bubble King Mini 200, along with my carbon reactor, heater, and 2 powerheads (1 to feed the Calcium Reactor and 1 to feed my Two Little Fishies Carbon Reactor) It will also house the Eheim 1062 return pump with plenty of room to install another pump if needed.

22 gallons should be more than enough for your ATO. That should get you at least a week

Not sure yet Steve....Im up in the air. Was thinking about putting 2 60" ATI 8 bulb units side my side or doing a retro. The retro would involve me making a nice looking aluminum case/frame around it since it will be exposed.

MB...I was hoping for a ATO that would last at least 2 weeks.

Adam at Artfully Acrylic has agreed to take on the task of building the sump and the ATO tank. I will post some pics on the construction as I get them. It's a pretty simple sump....Holds a 7" filter sock and has 3 compartments. Main compartment will house the skimmer, 2 powerheads the heaters and the carbon reactor. The 2nd chamber will be for growing Cheato, and the 3rd chamber will have the return pump. The ATO tank is where the Tunze ATO pump will be... it will be 16x16x20high, and will hold approx 22 gallons of fresh RO/DI water.

Small update.....I ran a dedicated line to the wall where the new tank will be (that was not fun!) Now I have 2 outlets that are 20amps each, that is a total of 40 amps out by the tank. I think that will be enough ! Ran a 3/4" pvc water line out to the wall behind the tank so I could just turn the pump on in the water room and have water right at the sump for water changes. Getting the top back from the woodshop this evening, I will get the drain holes cut out, primed/painted and then I can mount it on the stand, and place the tank on the stand for the first and hopefully the last time. I will post some new pics in a few days, not much to really see...should have taken a video of us running that electrical wire :blink: !