advice on a light for new tank

pizzaguy

I am picking up a reef savvy 24x24x24 3/4,inch starphire tank in the next week. What would be a good light for this size tank without emptying the bank account. I will start out with easy corals but would eventually like to get some hard coral.

I am picking up a reef savvy 24x24x24 3/4,inch starphire tank in the next week. What would be a good light for this size tank without emptying the bank account. I will start out with easy corals but would eventually like to get some hard coral.

A single 250 MH reflector would hang over that and do great, and be very cheap.

Anyone have experience with the kessil 350?

Anyone have experience with the kessil 350?

There was a 350wide at the WAMAS meeting on Sunday. It would be great for a 24" tank. IT's got nice color mixing and manual dimming.

That's a fairly small tank. I just listed some PAR38 LED lights for sale here: http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/52890-fs-ecoxotic-par38-led-light/page__pid__444159__st__0entry444159 . One of those may work well for you.

They screw into a standard light bulb socket. So for $100 for the new bulb and $10 at Home Depot for a light socket you'd be ready to go. You could double that if you wanted more light.

here's an example of how the A350's and Reef Savvy tanks play oh so well together (I'll admit this is a shameless plug for the tank I exhibited in and ended up winning in a raffle at MACNA)

Reef Savvy Raffle

but seriously, great choice on tank manufacturer, felix's work is worlds beyond any glass tank manufacturer I've ever seen.

Thanks everyone. I'm looking at all different types of lights. Still undecided. I did pick the tank up.

What does Felix reccomend putting under his rimless tanks?