Hi! I'm new here.

Really new! I just moved here from the Dayton, OH area. I've been keeping saltwater tanks on and off for the last 20 years or so. My most recent foray is a 47gal shallow cube reef. You can see it on WORC...I won't clutter this up with old pics. I have yet to move the tank here, hopefully soon, but dealing with tank moving logistics has proved troublesome. I've been toying with the idea of having a 100gal shallow cube made up locally, so if anyone would make recommendations for nearby folks that do custom work (either glass or acrylic) I'd really appreciate it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting involved, checking out all the LFS (it's amazing to have so many in a 30 mile radius!), and getting to know folks!!

JeremyS

Where is HERE? we have people all the way down in Fredricksburg up to W. VA....

You hae MANY choices of LFS in the area...and some great local tank makers.. the only one i can give a personal opinion on is Adam from Artfully Acrylic.. he made the overflows for my tank... and were done well :) but he has made anything from a ATO tank to someones 100+ gallon tank also...

Whoops...thought it would show up automagically there on the left...I've got it figured out now. I'm in Reston.

Where is HERE? we have people all the way down in Fredricksburg up to W. VA....

You hae MANY choices of LFS in the area...and some great local tank makers.. the only one i can give a personal opinion on is Adam from Artfully Acrylic.. he made the overflows for my tank... and were done well :) but he has made anything from a ATO tank to someones 100+ gallon tank also...

Welcome. I reccommed a guy named Adam, his screename is ARTFULLY ACRYLIC. He lives in Centreville which is about a 20 min. drive from Reston. He does great work making acrylic tanks!

Hi Jeremy. Welcome to WAMAS.

There's an LFS map hosted on Google that pops up when you click on "LFS Map" at the top right of the page. Since you're in Reston, the nearest shops to you are

Marine Scene (Reston)*

Centreville Aquarium (Centreville)

Fins & Feathers (Ashburn)*

Blue Ribbon Koi & Marine (Manassas)*

Aquatic Obsession (Manassas)*

Petland Fairfax (Fairfax)*

Quantum Reefs (Annandale)*!

*WAMAS Sponsor (See our sponsor's page. Each sponsor also has a forum here.)

!Small business startup

There are others across the river and further out, but I've limited the list a bit for you.

Welcome VA Jeremy and BIG welcome to WAMAS. All of the guys (and gals) on here are phenomenal and can be a huge help. Even with 20yrs of saltwater experience you can still likely learn many things with this bunch and certainly can make quite a few new friends!

If you don't know already, they are having their quarterly club meeting this Sunday in Vienna (not too far from you). It would be a great opportunity to go out and meet some of the gang face to face.

I won't be there this go around but that is only because I will be busy moving into my new shop space =) Woo Hoo!

Welcome, I look forward to seeing pictures of your tank and seeing the community benefit from your experience!